As a Web Developer at Kik, you will be working to expand the ways that users can interact with chat bots (check out dev.kik.com for more information). Our bot platform is competing with giants, so we are looking for someone who is ready to have a significant impact. Whether that means implementing a new frontend feature, scaling our high-traffic backend, or building tools to help us get work done more efficiently, you will be expected to produce high quality, well tested and highly scalable code.
- Architect and implement new features or bots on our platform
- Build and maintain our open source libraries, frameworks, and SDKs
- Scale our infrastructure and tools as our platform continues to grow
- Take part in an on-call rotation to maintain our users' trust
Experience We Like:
- You are passionate, highly motivated, and fun to work with
- Able to deliver amazing results with minimal guidance and supervision
- You believe that testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery are important
- Experience with at least one programming language (Python preferred)
- Working knowledge of databases (relational or non-relational) is a plus
- Working knowledge of IaaS providers such as Google Cloud Platform or AWS is a plus
- Generous Health, Drug and Dental benefits plans, including Family and Travel coverage
- Stock options
- Flexible work hours
- Catered lunch and dinner from a top restaurant!
- Flexible Vacation: 3 weeks plus a 2-week shutdown in December!
- Much more!
Our mission is to connect the world through chat. We are doing that by building an ecosystem of services around Kik chat, so users can connect with people, businesses, and the world around them.
Kik is used by more than 300 million registered users where people can chat with friends and connect with chat-based services. Since our company’s founding in 2009, we have raised US$120.5 million from investors including Union Square Ventures, SV Angel, Valiant Capital Partners, and Spark Capital. In August 2015, Tencent – China’s largest internet company and the maker of WeChat – invested US$50 million in Kik, valuing the company at US$1 billion.
Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, close to the University of Waterloo, where Kik’s founders were students. We also have offices in Toronto and New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles.