Product Support Specialist
We’re an entrepreneurial team – a flat organization that offers lots of autonomy and flexibility to be excellent at your job. If you’re an entrepreneurial, startup type, you’re gonna love it here. If you love the stability and structure of a large organization, you probably won’t. As a results-oriented workplace, we have goals, metrics, and performance plans that we are held accountable to, rather than a 9-to-5 work week commitment.
We love to learn. We spend a lot of time listening to our clients and dreaming up new ways to help them achieve their goals. It’s not enough for us just to complete a task; we want to learn the best way to get it done. Our goal: Build great products that solve major problems.
We are always on the lookout for new team members who are driven and have an unrelenting desire to learn, who are willing to fail and try again, and most importantly, who are passionate about the problems we are solving.
The Product Support Specialist role is integral to maintaining Kira’s client centric, service driven focus as we scale to support growing demand. In a challenging, fast-paced environment the Product Support Specialist will manage Tier 1 support and provide Tier 2 technical support for both clients and their applicants on the Kira platform. You’ll communicate directly with clients and applicants, resolving their problems with the product or escalating them to the Product team when necessary.
Reporting to the Director of Client Success, you'll work closely and collaboratively with both the Product and Client Success teams to provide the highest quality support for clients and applicants. An advocate for Support to both Product and Client Success, you’ll lead initiatives at refreshing and updating our support assets, technologies and services.
As a new role at Kira you’ll be crucial in defining the direction and future for our Support service offering.
Author and manage client and applicant support documentation (FAQs, Knowledge Base Articles, etc.)
- Manage Tier 1 Support service for applicants (manage vendor relationships, provide training as necessary, monitor support tickets, create tier 1 support scripts, etc.)
- Provide Tier 2 Support service for clients and applicants (email, live chat and phone, as needed)
- Provide data analysis and reporting on support trends proactively to help focus effective product refinement
- Proactively identify significant client and applicant support issues to the Client Success and Product teams
- Direct clients with non-technical issues/questions to their Client Success Manager
- Produce high quality bug reports that help the product development team quickly identify urgency, scope, and reproducibility of product issues
- Help to escalate urgent issues with the product
- Support product quality assurance efforts to ensure high quality product changes, when possible
An Ideal Candidate
- Embraces our culture of diversity, transparency, collaboration, and fun!
- 3+ years in customer service
- 2+ years Technical Support or Help Desk experience
Technologies We Use and Teach
- Django Admin
- Health benefits spending plan
- 4 weeks of vacation per year - we encourage one week off each quarter to refresh
- A results focused culture with flexible work hours and schedules
- Opportunity to work remotely, when necessary
- A $1,000/year personal learning budget for conferences, classes, etc. of your choice
- Managers trained in career development planning to nurture your growth at Kira and beyond
- Company and departmental social nights (board games, go-karting, escape room, etc.)
- Weekly Monday morning breakfast, Thursday team lunch, and a kitchen stocked with (healthy and less healthy) snacks
- Weekly company TGIF hangout