Senior Java Engineer, Server-Based Marketing Systems
Brick Street Software is a boutique software vendor who makes B2C marketing systems for multinationals in financial services and telco. We are looking for a Senior Java Engineer to join our product team in Toronto.
- 5 years server-side experience with Java SE and relational databases.
- Understanding of test-driven development and continuous integration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and relentless customer focus.
- Performance analysis / tuning of multitier Java applications and large production databases.
- Familiarity with Java EE infrastructure such as WebSphere, JBoss/Wildfly; IBM MQ, Tibco EMS, and comparable messaging middleware.
- Familiarity with current security practices in application development and in public cloud and corporate IT environments.
- Familiarity with alternative JVM languages such as Groovy, Clojure, or Scala.
- Experience with next generation messaging frameworks, such as Akka and Orbit.
This is a permanent full-time position with salary, benefits, and equity. We are also open
to a remote hire for the right person. Principals only.