Full Stack Developer
Who we are:
Have you ever wondered if all the money spent on education, job creation or environmental projects actually changes anything?
We help our clients prove and improve the impact of their social investments by using hard metrics. Our product demonstrates whether social funding is generating value and making a real difference. With very few competitive products in the market and ambitious plans to disrupt the industry, we are looking for an accomplished developer who can take our product to the next level.
SAMETRICA is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that works with leading technology stacks to solve complex and interesting challenges. Our product creates models, collects data and reports on whether social investments are generating value through higher productivity, efficient use of social services, and measurable change. Why hasn’t this really been done before? Because it’s complicated, and needs to use technologies like machine learning to crunch the data, and make adjustments in real-time.
Our goal is to capitalize on the $30-billion-dollar market for this business solution in Canada and then take it global. Our current client list includes the Government of Canada and telecommunications giants like TELUS. If you have a passion for innovation and want to be part of a team of developers that are on the bleeding edge of technology, this challenge is for you.
Who you are:
We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer to help plan and execute the new build of our product and is highly proficient in multiple programming languages. We work best with people who are constantly learning, who are interested in scaling complex software systems, and who are committed to staying up-to-date on new technologies and best practices. As a Full Stack Developer, you will play a key role in the technical team and contribute to architectural decisions.
You will own and be responsible for:
- Writing clean, well-documented native code, while using pre-existing plugins and technology to deliver products efficiently.
- Managing software projects, including database architecture and database design.
- Effectively communicating technical concepts to non-technical team members responsible for identifying client requirements.
Skills we’re looking for
3+ years’ experience in:
- Relational Database Management
- Building and Consuming RESTFul APIs
- Experience with one of the following: RoR, Laravel, Django, Symfony
It’s a bonus if you are/have:
- Active GitHub profile or demonstrable code / projects
- PHP / Laravel experience
- Python experience
- Experience with Machine Learning or Natural Language Processing
- Experience in Data Visualization (extJS, D3.js, HighCharts.js)
- Active in StackOverflow community
- Demonstrable experience in working with third party API's (including OAuth)
- Linux / Shell
About the team
We’re a diverse team that thrives on challenging each other to reach the next milestone, the next project, the next innovation. We work best with people who leave their ego at the door, are laser-focused on building the best possible product, and who constantly strive to get better at what they do.
- Employee stock option plans
- Medical and dental benefits
- Competitive full-time salary
- Paid time off
- Casual dress code every day
- Dog friendly
- Good food right around (every) corner
Compensation is commensurate with experience. If you are interested in learning more about this position, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.