Sr. Product Manager
As a Product Manager at TunnelBear, you will work with a world-class team of designers and engineers to build new products and continually improve existing products. You’ll be expected to champion the vision, have a sharp business acumen, speak developer and have an intimate understanding of our customer. While you might be a product manager, you should have a particular passion for UX and design. By joining TunnelBear you will directly see the impact of your work and contribute to a service that’s making the Internet more open and private for millions of people.
- Lead new product and feature development from inception, to requirements, to wireframe, to market and back again.
- Match products with markets, audiences, and opportunities. Collaborate to develop and execute product marketing plans.
- Define features and design user flows, scenarios and ideally wireframes for both web, desktop and mobile products.
- Accelerate development by providing vision, tracking issues, and balancing resource needs.
- Collaborate closely with design and engineering teams to build beautiful, quirky products that make our users laugh and the company grow.
- Work with other product leads to ensure consistency and integration across all our products.
You should enjoy
- Solving big problems that will impact millions of users across the world.
- Exploring different ideas and solutions using whiteboards, sketches and wireframes to come up with the best possible solution.
- Design, UX, and creating incredible user experiences
- Bear puns?
- You’re self-driven and constantly seek out ways to help the company, the brand and products constantly improve.
- You have high standards and track record of building world class products.
- You never pass the buck, you own your product and get done whatever needs to get done.
- You’re an excellent communicator and can explain your product vision and share thoughtful feedback with the team.
- You are completely immersed in product management and startup best practices.
- You love software, and your passion effortlessly shows through in your work.
- You constantly pick apart every product you use to understand why it's special
- You are already interested in online security/privacy or are willing to plunge in deep to become a subject matter expert
- Minimum 5 years experience building software products (ideally at a Startup)
- Internalized the fundamental principles in writing great user stories, requirements, flows and wireframes for apps for phones, tablets, computers and web sites.
TunnelBear is a small team of startup veterans. We think that the lack of online privacy and security are making the Internet a worse place. Our highly accoladed applications make regular appearances on Lifehacker, Forbes, PC world, TNW and New York Times for helping average users browse privately. Over the last few years we’ve introduced online privacy to over 15 million people in 178 countries.
The next year will be a big year for us as we continue our mission – to introduce our really simple privacy and security apps to every computer and mobile device in the world. We need a world-class product manager who has the passion to help us create a new standard for privacy and security on the Internet.
- Casual, fun and creative atmosphere
- Generous health insurance coverage
- Snacks and a stocked beer fridge
- Onsite ping-pong, Xbox, and everything you’d expect in a startup
- Choice of computer, tools and accessories
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
TunnelBear welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Additional Application InstructionsShare a recent experience you've had with a consumer software/service/app. Something that made you smile or something that made you face-palm in frustration.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Product ManagerEventMobiTorontoJan 09
Sr. Backend EngineergdR | Grossman Dorland RecruitingTorontoJan 24
Sr. Software Developer (.NET)gdR | Grossman Dorland RecruitingTorontoJan 24
Chief Product OfficergdR | Grossman Dorland RecruitingTorontoJan 24
Sponsorship ManagerOneElevenTorontoJan 19