Posted Feb 01
Senior Manager, Payments Operations
Toronto Full Time
The Big Picture
- Collaborate with financial services leadership to develop the Financial Services Operations team into a high performing organization by defining, executing, and communicating operational processes, standards, and best practices that work flawlessly and minimize firefighting.
- Lead a team of managers & specialists in our payment processing and payroll lines of business overseeing all operational tasks and functions supporting customer onboarding, compliance, account maintenance, chargebacks & disputes, and recovery & collections.
- Own one or more key banking partner relationships and manage all operational components of those relationships.
- Design and monitor reports and dashboards that capture deep insights into our business through leading and lagging indicators, visualizations, and early warning mechanisms.
- Collaborate with product and engineering to build-out critical tools, automate routine work where possible, and address longer-term or recurring issues.
- Own payment issues from beginning to end, working with engineering and external partners to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a systematic and timely fashion.
- Collaborate across various internal teams within financial services and across the entire company as a subject matter expert on financial service operational matters.
- Manage oversight of chargeback and ACH return process and ownership of procedural improvements to drive higher chargeback resolution rates.
- Enhance existing collections procedures with a solid understanding of compliance obligations.
- 5+ years of operations experience in financial services in payment processing, banking, acquiring and or issuing. Experience at a high-growth fintech company is even better.
- Leadership experience in an operational function building highly functional teams.
- Strong understanding of economic, legal, regulatory, and technical factors shaping payments and banking services.
- An affinity for systems thinking, workflows and obsessive about building scaleable processes.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis, and project management.
- High degree of strategic and analytical capability, including the ability to analyze a large amount of data.
- Exceptional collaborative and troubleshooting/deductive skills including the ability to engage in operational incidents with emerging data to assess impact and drive collaborative resolution in a swift manner.
- Solid understanding of financial transaction processing and the chargeback process.
- Experience in collections and versed in regulatory requirements for both the US & Canada.
- Must pass credit, security and background checks.
- You can work in a highly collaborative environment that doesn’t rely on rigid hierarchies to get things done
- You have a strong strong sense of empathy and a history of customer advocacy.
- You can communicate effectively with your team, peers and senior management
- Your ruthlessly prioritize the right things necessary to achieve business results.
- One of Canada’s most extraordinary Fintech companies, Wave recently was named to the Deloitte Fast 50 list, with 1,640% revenue growth.
- A collaborative and dynamic team of individuals committed to solving hard problems
- Competitive compensation including stock options, health & fitness coverage, and a training allowance
- An awesome office with a cozy common space, Ping Pong, tons of snacks and all the Club Soda
- A fantastic location in the vibrant Leslieville neighbourhood, where there’s no shortage of good food, drinks, arts and entertainment (check out our walk and transit score!)
- An open, entrepreneurial culture and a shared desire to change the lives of our customers
Sign up for Job Alerts
Senior Front-End DeveloperWaveTorontoFeb 12
Senior Java Engineer, Server-Based Marketing SystemsBrick Street SoftwareTorontoFeb 01
Product ManagerMavencareTorontoFeb 23
Content Marketing ManagerTunnelBearTorontoJan 25