Jr. Data Engineer
Quandl is a financial, economic, and alternative data platform used by over 150,000 people, including thousands of analysts from the world’s top hedge funds, asset managers and investment banks. Professionals use Quandl for our rich suite of databases and unrivaled data consumption experience.
Quandl is a Toronto-based startup backed by two of Silicon Valley’s most respected venture capital firms. We’ve built the world’s first successful data marketplace, and are currently in our growth stage (post Series B).
We are looking to hire a Junior Data Engineer who can help us bring structure to large quantities of unstructured and semi-structured data, through a combination of organized analytical thinking, technical data wrangling, manual curation, and precise documentation. The role is necessarily diverse with day-to-day work involving a mix of coding, writing, and data research. One of the individual’s major responsibilities would be to extract, transform and load financial data into our database systems.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented graduate to join a highly qualified and experienced team, help solve a difficult but extraordinarily valuable problem, and acquire a wide variety of skills across multiple domains.
- Able to write quality, high-performance code
- Basic knowledge and experience in at least one scripting language (e.g. Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Basic knowledge of Git and financial analysis; interest in economics and finance
- Demonstrates strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Entrepreneurial and enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Bachelor’s degree with a Major in Computer Science/Engineering or Major in Finance with Minor in Computer Science or equivalent
At Quandl, you’ll have
- A competitive salary and generous stock options
- Health benefits for you and your family
- The ergonomics and hardware of your choice
- Flexible office hours, tactical telecommuting and unlimited vacation
- Colleagues who are smart, motivated, talented, and a pleasure to work with
- A beautiful, centrally located office filled with perks
Quandl is the world’s leading marketplace for financial, economic and alternative data. We serve well over a million dataset downloads every day, to a diverse user base that includes many of the largest hedge funds, asset managers and investment banks in the world.
Everything we’ve accomplished so far has been the result of hiring intelligent, committed, proactive people, and giving them the freedom to do their best work.
We value character, humility, integrity and teamwork; we try to steer clear of self-promotion, arrogance, passing the buck and other political skills. We are committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. If interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter for this application.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Android EngineerWealthsimpleTorontoJan 12
Sr. Backend EngineergdR | Grossman Dorland RecruitingTorontoJan 24
Senior Java Engineer, Server-Based Marketing SystemsBrick Street SoftwareTorontoFeb 01
Cloud Developer, Team LeadInteraXon / MUSETorontoFeb 07
Software DeveloperEventMobiTorontoJan 09