Analyst, Community & Ventures
Do you love technology? Are you an active member of the Toronto tech community? Do you enjoy researching new products, companies, competitors and events? Are you a strong written and verbal communicator? If so, we may be looking for you.
Information Venture Partners is growing its team and is looking for an Analyst, Community & Ventures. We are looking for a special person who shares our vision, and can bring unique and complementary skills to our team. Our goal is to establish a world-class venture capital franchise here in Toronto and we’ve raised C$106M for our current fund. Your research will reveal that we are one of Canada’s newest venture funds and the only one solely focused on early stage fintech and enterprise software. That means we would prefer candidates that have worked in either of those respective verticals.
This position reporting to the Partners will be involved with:
- Market research supporting our investment thesis
- Coordinating development of creative written and graphic content, including blog posts, thought leadership articles and short-form content (e.g., social media)
- Developing and managing a marketing calendar of both internally sponsored and external events, aimed to expand firm’s reach in North America
- Working on our CRM deal and contact databases and various presentations
- Due diligence support for our investment team, working with our Associate – focus on market, product, customer and competitive intelligence
An ideal candidate would have:
- Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated academic excellence
- 1-2 years of professional experience exposed to, or working in start-ups
- Strong research and organizational skills
- Knowledge of technologies used by enterprise and financial services’ verticals
- Strong ability to communicate complex content in a compelling manner
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook– Adobe Creative Suite or similar product would be a plus
- Demonstrated experience engaging with the technology / start-up community on social media (including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook)
- Prior web design skills are a plus – not a requirement
If your title is/was Community Manager, Market Analyst or Associate, Research Analyst or Associate, we would be interested in learning more.
If you can demonstrate achievement in your career, contribution to your community, a keen interest in venture capital and general intelligence and curiosity, we would be interested in learning more. If you have a lot of friends in the community and are keen to make many more connections, that is even better.
It is important for us to work with like-minded people who are ethical, humble, hard-working, helpful, driven to make a difference, and like to have fun. Does this still describe you? Lastly, do you want to learn? We’re a small team where you’ll have the opportunity to impact our outcomes.
If you are still interested, let us know. Send your resume plus a compelling written case supporting why you’re the candidate we should choose to email@example.com.