Sales Development Representative
Peekapak is a rapidly growing edtech company currently being used by over thousands of educators. Peekapak is changing how educators and parents teach and develop important character strengths like gratitude, perseverance, empathy and teamwork by making it fun, easy and engaging for students, teachers and families. The power of storytelling in teaching young children is at the heart of Peekapak and our online Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) platform is filled with original stories, a diverse and relatable cast of characters and engaging lessons for the classroom and the home, making it exciting for students to learn and apply social and emotional skills.
We are looking for team members who want to be part of growing and fast-paced startup and model the skills we aim to develop in young students. By joining Peekapak, you will become a critical playing in building a business from the early stages and expanding the reach of our innovative platform to classrooms, homes and children across the world.
Does that describe you? Keep reading!
To expand Peekapak’s reach, we are seeking a Sales Development Representative (SDR). The SDR will play a key role on a small and growing team and will focus on the follow areas: identifying, qualifying, researching and contacting leads, building strong relationships with educators and decision makers, setting up demos and pilots, and eventually closing revenue and onboarding new customers. The SDR will share learnings across the Peekapak team to continue to improve our offerings and gain insights to improve the customer experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Build and qualify lists of educators, schools and districts to generate customer and partner leads
- Create and manage email outreach campaigns
- Develop relationships with potential customers and free users through engaging email exchanges and phone conversations
- Lead introductory calls and demonstrations and pilots of Peekpak with prospective customers
- Track, maintain, and update all interactions in Peekapak’s CRM platform
- Identify high potential leads and conduct research to prepare for conversations and proposals with influencers and decision makers
- Achieve all individually assigned targets
- Develop extensive knowledge of the Peekapak platform and industry trends and effectively communicate value proposition and features with prospective customers and decision makers
- Continue to learn from customer experiences and provide input to improve sales and product
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Full time sales experience (equivalent of 1-3 years of experience)
- Degree in business, sales, commerce, or marketing
- Demonstrated professional, academic or extracurricular success
- Empathetic listener + impactful communicator
- Self-starter with service mindset
- Enjoy helping others and solving problems
- Optimistic, team-oriented, courageous, with lots of perseverance
- Detail-oriented with strong time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency or expertise in using CRM and software sales platforms such as Salesforce or Streak
- Experience working in K-12 educational technology or K-12 education is a plus!
- A passion for helping to improve education and prepare young children for success in life