Senior Front End Engineer
About the Gig:
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer who is motivated to tackle building complex web applications. We are looking for someone who can bring UI/UX designs to life while maintaining a robust client architecture. You will be taking a leading role on our Front End team, working with the Design, Product, and Back End teams to build the next generation of our product.
- Lead the front-end team in web standards, security practices, and innovation
- Work with Product, Design, and Back-End teams to build a beautiful web application
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Experience with web security and the implementation of best practices
- Interest in web trends and evolving standards
- Strong understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (GIT)
- Experience implementing data-driven visualizations with an appropriate framework
The development team is a very open team. We are believers in progression through strong ideas, not big egos
We are highly collaborative, everyone here is very approachable and happy to share their knowledge
Turnstyle’s vision is to connect the world through the power of proximity. We are creating a connection experience for the brands you know and use.
Besides one of the best company cultures in town, we offer a ton of great perks!
- Lots of free deliciousness including breakfasts and subsidized lunches
- Fun events like camping retreats, battle archery, softball, and many more
- We honour and celebrate the grand tradition of beer o’clock Fridays!
- Located just south of Trinity Bellwoods Park – expect lots of sunshine and park time breaks in the Summer (or Winter if that’s your thing)
- You’re getting into an established company trending upwards fast.
- There will be plenty of room to grow and as we succeed, you will too
- The ability to influence the company with your keen analysis – we’re a flat org and like it that way, so enjoy your coffee time with the CEO
- A great benefits plan – with health & fitness expenses subsidized
- Dress however you like