Full-Stack Web Developer
Located a few minutes walk from the King subway and Union station, we're a downtown Toronto software company on the hunt for a Full-Stack Web Developer. A new version of our product launched earlier this year, and we need someone with a strong design sense to help us take things to the next level. First on our list of "what makes people great" is the ability to create a site that's both easy to use and aesthetically pleasing. A client first mentality is a must, as we will be hiding complexity behind a killer simple interface. You get what works, what doesn't, and you know how to make something that's easy to use yet feature rich. We aren't concerned with X years of experience or Y years of education; we want to find someone who's passionate about making a product they are proud to show off. This opportunity will be a one-year contract to start.
We build a LEMP (Linux, Nginx, MySQL, PHP) driven product for the human resources world, helping our clients hire and develop the best people. Entrepreneurial yet strategic, this is an environment where great people can have an exponential impact. Stable yet constantly challenging the status quo, we boast a customer list that would be the envy of most organizations. We are a results-focused environment, where it matters more about what you build and less about clocking in and out. We firmly believe in investing the time it takes get things right, and have no patience for long standing technical debt.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Build new product features, taking charge of both the front and back-end code
- Participate in planning for all product features
- Refactor and maintain existing code base
- Design and maintain our reports
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours with no expectation of overtime
- An established company of less than 20
- A small, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about about what we're building
- A completely transparent and collaborative environment
- The ability to try new things, fail and learn, and exercise your creativity
- Own your piece of the product, if you have a preferred front-end framework that would be a great fit with our product, you could drive its adoption
- Your choice of software, we don't care which OS or tools make you happy, as our tech stack is system agnostic
Please send us the following:
- Your salary expectations (a range is totally okay)
- Some sites or applications you've built, along with a brief description of what made them great. This can be anything from professional gigs to sites you've built for fun. Please pick projects that highlight your design sensibilities, as this is important to the role.