What is the opportunity?
We are looking for passionate developers, people that can geek out about coding and love to tinker things and build prototypes. If you are a problem solver and passionate about machine intelligence, this is the perfect role for you.
The goal of the team is to do fundamental research in the space of machine learning, and as a member of this team you will be involved in all research activities. You will also be developing ML proof of concepts and be directly involved in building the future of financial services!
We are looking for developers that are naturally curious about every aspect of machine learning systems. We are eager to see what you’ve built in the past. When you meet with us, be prepared to demonstrate passion projects that made you proud.
What will you do?
- Prototype new technologies in areas such as natural language processing, computer vision and analytics. Implement demo applications powered by machine learning.
- Data engineering and full-stack development of prototype applications
- Optimize algorithms and research code for efficiency and scalability
- Participate in research projects by assisting in data collection, algorithm implementation, experiments and publication.
- Conduct experiments for evaluation of various machine learning technologies
- Review scientific literature, report state-of-the-art and propose novel ways to solve problems
- Present findings and demos to the team
- Write, compile and edit technical documents
What do you need to succeed?
- MS degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or related quantitative field with 3 years of relevant experience, or Bachelor degree in related quantitative field with 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, natural language processing, recommendation systems, time series analysis, computer vision, large-scale data mining or artificial intelligence.
- Experience with at least one of the following: HPC with CUDA, Spark
- Hands-on experience with fast prototyping using public libraries and Machine Learning APIs
- Experience with Python, C#, C++, Scala or Java
- Experience with gathering requirements and specifications and converting those requirements into code
About RBC Research
RBC Research is the R&D arm of the Royal Bank. The team performs fundamental research in machine learning theory and applications and aims to advance the state-of-the-art in financial technologies. RBC Research supports open academic collaborations and partners with world-class research centres in artificial intelligence to bring cutting-edge ML to Banking. For more information, visit our website: www.rbcresearch.com.