What is the opportunity?
We are looking for passionate researchers to join our fast evolving Machine Learning team. We are to keen to meet with people that love research, want to continue doing research outside academia and are eager to witness how that can disrupt the future of banking!
The lab supports open academic collaborations. We work with leading Universities in Canada and the US on machine learning projects in theory and applications in computer vision, NLP, biometrics, security and privacy. As a part of our team you will have the opportunity to publish original research in, peer-reviewed, international academic conferences and journals. The lab typically participates in conferences such as NIPS, ICLR, ICML and other.
Working with RBC Research offers access to unique structured and unstructured data sets that can be used for ML research. If you are looking to continue your work outside academia but you enjoy your academic freedom and want to play with large amounts of real-world market data, then you are one of us!
What will you do?
- Perform literature reviews in areas of focus and present state-of-the-art findings to the team.
- Conduct original research in Deep learning, Reinforcement learning, Unsupervised learning, Time-series analysis, Natural language processing, Optimization, Visualization and other.
- Formulate and test hypotheses fast and efficiently. Draft, edit and publish academic papers in leading scientific conferences.
- Collaborate with RBC’s data scientists over the use of novel ML algorithms for data analytics and work with the development team to transfer research results to production.
- Teach team members about latest developments in Machine Learning.
What do you need to succeed?
- You must love research!
- PhD or MSc in computer science, engineering or related fields.
- Publication record in the general ML space.
- Experience with Python.
- Hands-on experience with fast prototyping using public libraries and APIs
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Experience with Deep Learning is preferred.
Interested candidates, please apply by email: email@example.com.
About RBC Research
RBC Research is the R&D arm of the Royal Bank. The team performs fundamental research in machine learning theory and applications and aims to advance the state-of-the-art in financial technologies. RBC Research supports open academic collaborations and partners with world-class research centres in artificial intelligence to bring cutting-edge ML to Banking. For more information, visit our website: www.rbcresearch.com.