The Big Picture
Wave is the fastest-growing financial tool on the planet for small businesses. We’ve got awesome momentum, great venture financing in our corner, five solid products on the market and over two million users around the world. We’re on a roll, and we’re looking for an Engineering Manager to help us explore and uncover the path to Wave’s next successes.
Reporting to the Director, Engineering, you will:
- Split time between hands-on development and engineering management (all our managers write software)
- Manage a team of up to five strong engineers
- Lead architecture, development and maintenance of product systems and software
- Evaluate opportunities for technical advancement of product architecture and Wave ecosystem architecture
- Develop the technical aptitude of the development team
- Lead project scoping
- Lead planning and sequencing of the execution of work
- Manage the (agile) development process
The Bare Necessities
- 5-7 years experience building software at a senior level
- Experience leading teams of engineers
- Interest in leading technical projects from inception to delivery
- Able to operate and monitor highly available systems in production, or willing to quickly learn how to do so
- Experience with web application and / or distributed systems development
- B.S., M.S., and/or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering or equivalent
You’ll Thrive Here If:
- You’re data-obsessed in your pursuit to to create an exceptional product
- You’re self-directed and can execute tasks on strategically on tight timelines
What Makes Working Here Awesome:
- A collaborative and dynamic team of individuals committed to solving hard problems
- Competitive compensation including stock options, health & fitness coverage, and a training allowance
- An awesome office with a cozy common space, Ping Pong, tons of snacks and all the Club Soda.
- An fantastic location in the vibrant Leslieville neighbourhood, where there’s no shortage of good food, drinks, arts and entertainment (check out our walk and transit score!)
- An open, entrepreneurial culture and a shared desire to change the lives of our customers
RECRUITERS PLEASE NOTE:
We are not accepting applications via recruiters at this time.
Launched in November 2010, Wave provides integrated online applications that help small business owners around the world run their businesses with accounting, invoicing, payments and payroll products. The company has secured more than US$42 million in funding, and is signing up tens of thousands of small business customers each month. Wave currently tracks more than $80 billion in small business income and spending. Wave is based in Toronto, Canada.