Client Services Specialist
Wave is the fastest-growing financial tool on the planet for small businesses. We’ve got awesome momentum, great venture financing in our corner, five solid products on the market and over two million users around the world. We’re on a roll, and we’re looking for a Client Services Specialist to help us explore and uncover the path to Wave’s next successes.
Reporting directly to our Manager of Client Services, this role will work closely with our Customer Support Heroes, Risk Analysts, Payroll Tax Service Team and our customers. The Client Services Specialist will be developing new and smarter ways to help Wave ensure that our customers are set up for success with our Payments and Payroll products, so that we can focus on delivering a superior customer experience.
This role and department are still in their infancy, so a desire to push boundaries, and have a hand in developing new processes while honing old ones is essential! You must be comfortable having some fluidity in your workday and embracing shifting dynamics and a structure which is not 100% defined.
- Process and dispute credit card chargebacks, including investigation of chargebacks and communication with business owners to resolve.
- Communicate receivables related to chargebacks, payroll direct-deposit NSF’s and the like with business owners, and follow up to ensure prompt recovery of the amounts outstanding.
- Communicate with business owners to address concerns and questions on their account
- Process Records of Employment, and coordinate with others on the Client Services team as point of contact with the CRA and the Employer Contact Center.
- Process service cancellations and refund requests.
- Participate in product-led change management with customers, for example to support end-of-life product upgrades.
- Have a hand in developing internal processes, customer-facing educational tools and communication.
The Bare Necessities
- Must pass credit, security and background checks
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of payroll processing, credit card processing, or experience with accounting software a plus
- Prior operational experience in financial transaction processing or analysis
- Impeccable attention to detail, organization, and time management skills
- Excellent communication, problem solving, interpersonal, customer service and relationship management skills
- Ability to work with strict deadlines
What Makes Working Here Awesome:
- One of Canada’s most extraordinary Fintech companies, Wave recently was named to the Deloitte Fast 50 list, with 1,640% revenue growth.
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2016.
- A collaborative and dynamic team of individuals committed to solving hard problems
- Competitive compensation including stock options, health & fitness coverage, and a training allowance
- An awesome office with a cozy common space, Ping Pong, tons of snacks and all the Club Soda.
- A fantastic location in the vibrant Leslieville neighbourhood, where there’s no shortage of good food, drinks, arts and entertainment (check out our walk and transit score!)
- An open, entrepreneurial culture and a shared desire to change the lives of our customers
RECRUITERS PLEASE NOTE:
We are not accepting applications via recruiters at this time.
Launched in November 2010, Wave provides integrated online applications that help small business owners around the world run their businesses with accounting, invoicing, payments and payroll products. The company has secured more than US$53.8 million in funding, and is signing up tens of thousands of small business customers each month. Wave currently tracks more than $175 billion in small business income and spending. Wave is based in Toronto, Canada.