Posted Dec 15
JOB CATEGORY: CDN FT
JOB CODE/REQ#: LIZ/GAT
LOCATION: 801-184 Front Street East, Toronto, ON M5A 4N3
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Occasional international travel
LEVEL/SALARY: $59,100 – $61,100 Per Year
POSITION TYPE: Full Time, Permanent
BENEFITS: Supplementary health insurance is available with employee contribution
OCUCO is a software company supplying off the shelf web-based products to the optical industries and optical prescription laboratories across over 5,000 sites worldwide. Currently, we are looking for an experienced web designer to join our team. The candidate will be responsible for re-working, enhancing and replacing existing legacy components in Perl (partially completed) to Ruby on Rails that will improve the user experience with OCUCO’s web based software. A full rewrite of the middleware is also in process, as well as the translation tables.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to web site architecture discussions and propose code that scales.
- Participate in user acceptance trials of the web design
- Work closely with internal teams on implementing web-based products
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for project deliverables.
- Stay current on relevant technologies, proactively develop and suggest architecture changes.
- Write and maintain detailed technical documentation.
The existing modules cover the following functionality.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Remote ordering portal for the Optical industry.
- Remote job checking for end users.
- Multi-protocol ordering middleware (incoming and outgoing).
- Multi-transport layer middleware.
- Full traceability of historical orders.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (i.e. Computer Engineering, Computer Science, etc)
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience within a commercial environment
- Must be proficient in programming/scripting languages such as Ruby on Rails, and Perl.
BONUS QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Ability to work well with other developers, the Development manager, Support personnel, and end users.
- With a heavy workload and international customers, it is expected that the successful candidate will be prepared to work flexible hours (including weekends) as business needs dictate.
- We are building a large customer base in South America, therefore a good working knowledge of Spanish would be considered an asset.
- We operate in an Agile environment utilizing Jira and knowledge of this would be considered an asset.
- Experience with IBM MQ would be considered an asset.
Additional Application Instructions
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED BY:
Email: Ken Jackson (email@example.com)
Mail: Ken Jackson - Ocuco CC, 801-184 Front Street East, Toronto, ON, M5A 4N3