Digital Marketing Coordinator
Description of Business
Textbooks for Change is a social enterprise and top rated B-Corp that believes education should be a right, not a privilege. We provide affordable and accessible educational material to students both locally and abroad. We do this by:
- Donating thousands of post-secondary textbooks to East African universities annually
- Selling affordable used textbooks to North American students and using proceeds to help fund student-led impact initiatives
- Diverting thousands of textbooks from landfills by recycling them efficiently
We have seen incredible growth across Canada the last three years, and now have our sights set on growing across North America. As we continue to scale in the next few years, we will look to leverage our current model and grow into the digital education space both in North America and East Africa.
If you live and breathe digital marketing, we want to talk to you. Our digital efforts have come a long way over the last few years, but we are ready to kick things up a notch with a full-time Digital Marketing Coordinator.
We need you to:
- Strategize, create and manage digital advertising campaigns, monitor their performance and optimize them for results across several channels
- Manage our social media platforms on Facebook, Twitter, Medium and Instagram
- Further our online reach using data-driven, organic Search Engine Optimization tactics
- Create engaging content/updates to share with our partners and customers
- Manage all public relations and press communication
- Work closely with and direct our graphic designer to generate the material we need
- Maintain our Wordpress website
- Be an amazing storyteller and generate inbound leads from customers/partners across North America and East Africa
- 3+ years experience in digital marketing
- A post-secondary degree
- In-depth knowledge of SEM/PPC/CPM trends
- Experience working in fast paced entrepreneurial environments
- Experience with Hubspot or similar inbound marketing software
- In depth knowledge of Google & Facebook Analytics
- The ability to analyze data and create informed decisions
- Worked with top performing teams (big and small) and accomplished incredible results
- A proven track record and have the data to prove it
- Knowledge of social enterprise, and understand what it means to be sustainable
- Passionate for social change: Making a dent in the universe is something that fires you up.
- A leader: You have experience leading a team through stressful situations, achieving amazing results in the end.
- Entrepreneurial: You know what it means to work hard, and you will get the job done no matter what comes in the way. You are not only able to strategize, but get your hands dirty to implement.
- Fun and ridiculous: You are easy to get along with and have a positive attitude.
- A fast learner: You are hungry to take on new projects to expand your knowledge; You execute, make a mistake, learn, and iterate to always be improving.
- Focused and flexible: Sometimes you’ll work from the office, sometimes from home, and sometimes on the fly; no matter where it is, the job gets done.
- A great communicator: You know how to keep everyone in the loop and get your message across clearly and concisely.
- Organized and efficient: The devil is in the details, and you love the details. You are able to seamlessly manage multiple projects at once.
- Adaptable: Your role may change as we grow, but you are okay to take on new challenges. No task is above you.
- Team Orientated: You don’t think what’s in it for me, you think what’s in it for the team.
- Balanced: You know how to manage your time effectively with passions outside of work.
- An amazing storyteller and inbound specialist.
What This Job is Not:
- Easy: This job will be the most challenging role you’ve ever had. Working at a startup is hard. Building a startup while making incredible impact is harder. This job will test you in many ways, and in the end you will have one damn good story to tell.
- Consistent: We expect you to find solutions, learn from mistakes, implement processes, and move on to the next project.
- Structured: Your day-to-day will change constantly adapting to the company’s needs.
Why Join Textbooks for Change?
- We have a high caliber team that's experienced, passionate, and hardworking.
- We have a fun, supportive, team-based environment.
- We make incredible social impact, and have the metrics to prove it!
- After three months of full-time employment you will be eligible for our comprehensive benefits package.
Textbooks for Change is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
Interested? Please answer the questions on the link provided and attach your resume and/or portfolio so we can get to know you more! Grab our attention, and make us feel like you are the missing piece to the puzzle. Interviews will begin in January and a decision will likely be made by February 1st 2017.