Business Development Manager
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to dramatically grow, expand, cultivate and convert our network of investors, as well as grow our brand across Canada.
This is a great opportunity to observe and understand the inner workings of a venture capital firm adopting an innovative investment model. If you have a passion for knowing and learning about all things tech, startups, and venture capital, and want to combine that with your relationship and sales skills, then join us!
You will have varied tasks and responsibilities, as this is a new job opening in a small but fast growing firm. Your responsibilities will include:
- Reaching out, qualifying, and selling to prospective Brightspark investors;
- Daily outreach via phone and email and personal meetings;
- Qualify and close outbound and inbound leads to achieve monthly goals;
- Act as a strong representative for Brightspark in a variety of contexts, including with potential; investors, at events and conferences;
- Develop new distribution channels for Brightspark’s offering in collaboration with; Brightspark’s VP, Investor Community.
Our ideal candidate has the following attributes:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, rapid change environment
- Well organized, with strong written and oral communication skills in both English and French
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-5 years relevant work experience in business development, account management, outbound sales or related field preferably in the investment/financial services
- Results-driven, comfortable with metrics-based goals and cold calling
- Ability to communicate well with high-net-worth individuals and family offices and deliver excellent customer service consistently;
- Superb inter-personal skills and a passion for closing deals;
- Proactive self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset, and a strong work ethic;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Passion for the start-up community and venture capital are a plus;
- Creative thinker.
Nice to haves:
- Existing network within investors, advisors, and wealth managers;
- Experience in private equity or venture capital;
- Comfortable with new technology concepts.
Please send your CV to:
Brightspark is an innovative Venture Capital firm based in Canada, with offices in Montreal, Toronto, and Halifax. We provide early investment in Canada’s most promising tech startups. We help proven entrepreneurs disrupt their industries with the capital and value add of our network while democratizing VC investing for accredited investors.
Founded in 2000, Brightspark is one of the best performing Venture Capital funds in Canada and its managing partners have decades of experience investing in, operating, growing, and exiting early stage tech companies. For the past two years, Brightspark has invested in companies based on a new model where individual accredited investors are invited to invest through Brightspark in its VC-grade deals. This unique model lets individual investors choose which deals to participate in, with the comfort that Brightspark has carefully diligence each deal and is managing each deal through to an exit. Kensington Ventures Fund is the lead investor in Brightspark’s new initiative. We are building a vibrant community of individual and family-fund investors for tech start-ups in Canada.