Senior Mobile Engineer
You & Joist
Joist is the #1 platform for for contractors worldwide. We have incredible adoption from contractors, top tier venture partners from Toronto, San Francisco, and Boston, and a gritty team with that truly cares about what they're working on. We’re looking for an Senior Mobile engineer to join our team responsible for launching a suite of new products into our mobile platform.
Work on a mobile product that people actually use, and LOVE. Check out our mobile apps here!
Joist for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/joist
Joist for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id592163563
Sound like you?
- Passion for mobile You're up to date on the latest trends in the iOS/Android ecosystem and you consider yourself a thought leader. You know all the release rumours and you sign up for early access for everything Apple & Android announces.
- Innovation iOS & Android give the developer a lot of freedom to create truly unique user experiences. You're always looking for the next way to push the boundaries of what can be achieved with on mobile devices.
- Performance You understand that a hundred milliseconds of delay can be the difference between a delightful and a frustrating user experience. You can dive into the internals of mobile libraries to understand why your code is not running as fast as you expect.
- Delivery Focused You love seeing your work pushed to the App Store/Google Play Store. You know how to navigate the app submission process, and have run beta test programs before. You strive to submit your next iteration on your app immediately after the previous submission gets approved, all the while never sacrificing quality.
- Teamwork Many of the problems we encounter require insight from many parts of the business. Your ability to coordinate and communicate is essential to our success.
- Passion Hard problems are not solved overnight. It takes a special kind of attitude and hunger to disrupt an entrenched industry. Your passion is what you share with every teammate at Joist. Passion for technology, passion for change, and passion for building an industry revolutionizing product.
Tools of the Trade:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent hacking experience.
- 5+ years of experience in iOS and/or Android Development
- Must have built and shipped at least 2 apps to the Apple App Store and/or Google Play Store
- A deep familiarity with native SDKs of your chosen platform
- Ability to work across multiple API versions and Devices
- Experience writing test cases, automation scripts, and doing risk analysis prior to product releases
- Ability to profile mobile apps to understand performance concerns
- Solid OOP / Architecture Design Skills
- Regularly review and mentor the work of junior team members
Our Tech Stack
- Swift 3.0
- XCode 8.0
- Android Studio
- Automation & Delivery
Why you want to be knighted in the Joisthood:
- Ownership. Full stock option plans for all team members. Also a small, agile team with huge impact.
- Faith in the mission. We've been through it all. The ups, and the downs. We have a core team that is relentless in our pursuit of this mission, and that will never change. A team is truly tested at it's lowest point, and we can say we've got an incredible team.
- Ping pong/foosball, [ Insert other generic startup perks ]. Yes we have those... but what's more important are the two points above. A team that gets shit done, and has more fun doing it, than any ping pong tournament (although we do get competitive at that too)
Started in 2013, Joist is an end to end vertical software platform for small & medium sized trades contractors. Joist gives trades contractors the software tools & best practices needed to deliver incredible home renovation experiences, and connects them with homeowners looking for home improvement work. We've got the largest contractor network in the world using Joist to power their business, and we have major growth planned. Buckle up, it's going to be a wild ride.