Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
Who/What is EventMobi?
EventMobi is changing the way event planners create, market and manage their events, as well as how attendees experience events using their smartphones and tablets for thousands of events, conferences and tradeshows around the world. Clients like TechCrunch, LinkedIn, IEEE, Intel and Nestle have used EventMobi to enhance the attendee experience at their events.
Want to quickly figure out what EventMobi is all about? Then watch this fun 3min video here: http://www.eventmobi.com/careers/#video
Wondering how our technology is affecting the world and the meeting industry in general? Well here is an awesome infographic that summarizes what we have achieved this past and why we are super excited for 2016: http://www.eventmobi.com/about/company/2015/
We develop using micro-services exposed through a (Python) RESTful API to feed our Node, AngularJS & React based applications – from our mobile apps, to the app-building services, real-time chat / gamification / mapping services and tons more.
In the past year we’ve more than tripled our growth & our software now services 10,000+ events and millions of users worldwide. We’re expecting that growth to continue again (while still being bootstrapped with no funding) and if you are interested in helping us scale, and meet the next set of challenges, let’s chat! Hopefully you also have some familiarity with our tech stack - Python, AngularJS, React, Redux, React Native, Cordova, NodeJS, Express, MySQL, Redis, AWS as our main tools day to day.
Here's what our new Software Developer will do:
- Architecture & Scale - You will lead the architecture on your team, gathering insights, employing DDD to determine the best tech to address our customers needs.
- Ownership - You own the products / features you ship. From initial design, to deployment, test automation to performance monitoring, you own what you make end-to-end
- Development - Best practices, craftsmanship, well thought out code and mentorship to your team is your ideal and you preach this in your work and with your team.
- Quality - Pair programming, lunch & learns, mentorship, you will teach and help grow the team around you in not only pushing new features but also keeping the utmost quality in everything we build.
- Research - You will help guide the tech stack across our multitude of products, how they fit in to our architecture, and their growth & maintenance plans amongst our growing product set.
Here's what we are looking for in our next Software Developer, you have:
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or otherwise equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 5 years experience as a software engineering working on large or fast scaling products
- Experience with Python or other server side languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to mentor and grow team members, provide technical guidance and oversight on technical direction
- Familiarity playing in UNIX environments
- Want to get involved in all parts of the tech stack and have a commitment to code quality
- Excellent communication and creative approach to complex problems
- An understanding of data-structures, modular design, and maintenance / scalability patterns
- You must be a self-starter and require minimum supervision. We need someone who can take in the vision and come up with fantastic ideas and execute.
What you will get from EventMobi:
We were recently named the 2015 Techvibes Employer of the Year!
We offer an experience of a life-time working with a dynamic, open-minded and diverse team, who are excited to come to work every day and passionate about what they do and the clients they help.
- A great office at Bloor and Church with beautiful views of downtown and steps away from Yorkville.
- Competitive salary, subsidized health care plans with dental, vision, drug coverage, and lots of perks. From attending conferences to incentive trips.
At EventMobi we get a kick out of creating amazing experiences for all of our clients and ensuring maximum ROI for their organization from their use of our products. Everyone from our CEO to our developers is focused on the success of our customers at EventMobi. EventMobi is a place where you will be encouraged to learn everyday in order to enhance your skillset and expertise and grow as a professional in your field.
If this sounds like just the role you've been hoping for, upload your resume and tell us more about yourself here!