Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
At some point in your life you’ve taken time out of your day to go to an event - to learn, to meet others, to have amazing experiences. But how sure are you that the investment you’re making for this event will be worthwhile? EventMobi is building a platform of event technology tools to help planners run better & more successful events, and to ultimately help their attendees fall in love with their events. From better registration sites, mobile apps to enhance the experience at the event, gamification and a ton more, EventMobi is changing how 10,000+ events in 70+ countries (through clients like TechCrunch, LinkedIn, IEEE, Intel and Nestle) are being experienced.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to help coordinate & execute on releasing a multitude of new products! This is a very fast-paced role, and we need energetic, social, detail & data-oriented individuals, with excellent communication and project management skills, looking for an opportunity to contribute at early stages to a wide range of products and execute on their growth.
Who/What is EventMobi:
- Want to quickly figure out what EventMobi is all about? Then watch this fun 3min video here: http://www.eventmobi.com/careers/#video
- Wondering how our technology is affecting the world and the meeting industry in general? Well here is an awesome infographic that summarizes what we have achieved this past year and why we are super excited for 2016: http://www.eventmobi.com/about/company/2015/
- Though we are bootstrapped, we were just announced as part of the Fastest 50 Growing Tech Companies in Canada, and Amongst the top 500 in North America! We're also named the 2015 Canadian Startup Employer of the Year!
- Customer Understanding (interviews, surveys, research, you know what our customers want)
- Product Analysis (ideation, analytics, user journey & goals, competitive analysis to build product market understanding)
- Project Management (Gather requirements, write specifications, plan and execute agile sprints, develop long & short term roadmaps)
- User Experience (be able to direct ideation into implementation with help from our design team)
- Release Management (documentation, testing, localization, internal company product training)
- Minimum 5 years of prior experience in software Product Management - SaaS products considered an asset
- Data driven and can make decisions based on experiments and data from multitude of sources
- Have a strong understanding of the software development life cycle and how to ship software products
- Strong communication, leadership, motivation skills in building a vision, roadmap and detail level execution plans for your team
- Understand Lean Startup principles, might have read Rands in Repose, 37Signals books, Steven Blank or other similar material
What you’ll get at EventMobi:
- We offer an experience of a life-time working with a dynamic, open-minded and diverse team, who are excited to come to work every day and passionate about what they do and the clients they help.
- A great office at Bloor and Church with beautiful views of downtown and steps away from Yorkville.
- Competitive salary, subsidized health care plans with dental, vision, drug coverage, and lots of perks. From attending conferences to incentive trips.
- Large training budget to attend a conference of their choice, with travel, all paid for
- Free breakfast every morning, subsidized lunch program 3x a week.
- The ability to try new things, fail and learn, and be as creative you can be. We do not understand limits!