Research Scientist Lead – Computer Vision/Deep Learning
Ecopia is a unique combination of computer vision and geospatial experts building a revolutionary visual recognition engine for processing geospatial big data. Millions of geospatial images are captured every day by satellites, airplanes, and other vehicles - we’re extracting useful information from the flood of data.
We’re seeking a passionate, talented full stack software engineer to join us at our Toronto office. You will be responsible for leading research team to develop algorithms to automatically parse terabytes of geospatial image data and extract 2D/3D features. Your work will have a direct impact on our end products and will help power the analysis of geospatial big data on a scale never thought possible. The position is permanent, full-time and will have a salary range of $200,000 ~ $250,000 per year, eligible for stock options, annual salary increases, and bonuses.
At Ecopia we put the highest priority in finding the right people to join our team. You will join a group of innovators pushing the boundaries of conventional industry thinking. As a team, we work to make big decisions on challenges that have no clear answer or prior example; this is the frontier of geospatial big data. Your success will play a foundational role in our path forward.
- Lead research team to design and carry out both fundamental and applied research in country-scale 2D/3D geospatial image parsing and feature extraction
- Work with engineering team to transfer research into new products, new processes and new business areas.
- Actively participate in the academic community and publish high quality research and patents when the opportunity arises.
- Collaborate with academia in top universities on novel and innovative research ideas.
- Ph.D. focusing in Machine learning, Computer Vision, Deep Learning, AI or a related field
- 5+ years programming experience in C / C++ / Python
- 5+ years direct research experience in either computer vision, deep learning, machine learning or AI methodology
- Publications in top-tier journals and conferences (e.g., CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, NIPS, ICML, ICLR, etc)
- Strong algorithmic problem solving using innovative thinking and excellent communication & writing skills.
Additional Application InstructionsPlease submit CV and cover letter along with any relevant publications to email@example.com
Sign up for Job Alerts
More from Ecopia
Computer Vision Engineer – 3D Reconstruction/ModellingEcopiaTorontoMay 17