Why join us?
OMERS Ventures is the venture capital arm of OMERS, one of Canada’s largest pension funds with more than $85 billion in net assets. We work with external investment partners including several leading multinational corporations. Together we have directly invested more than $300 million in growth-oriented companies in the North American technology industry creating over 5000 jobs in Canada. OMERS Ventures is made up of people whose diverse backgrounds and skill sets come together to drive one common goal – supporting and growing the Canadian innovation economy.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
Reporting to a Managing Director, you will act as a consultant to our portfolio of companies in the areas of digital growth and customer acquisition. You will recommend company specific performance marketing strategies, conduct in-depth data analysis and suggest improvements on an ongoing basis. You will also provide thought leadership to our internal deal team as well as to our portfolio companies on growth strategies, new technologies and industry trends.
• Be a marketing expert with the proven ability to develop and execute marketing strategies, including identifying new platforms and technology solutions, increase brand awareness, ensure user loyalty and attract new customers through digital channels and opportunities
• Help to identify, qualify and execute monetization opportunities for OMERS Ventures portfolio companies to create successful strategies through content marketing, digital campaign development, web analytics analysis, social media marketing, influencer marketing, PPC, etc.
• Maintain knowledge on current and emerging developments, assess the impact, and collaborate with portfolio companies to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies
• Assist in the creation of reporting tools including spreadsheets and dashboards
• Encourage communication, sharing of best practices, and cooperation across the portfolio by creating a community of engaged practice leaders through online and offline learning and networking opportunities
• Meet regularly with OMERS Ventures team and portfolio company stakeholders for updates, information sharing, and performance status of campaigns
•Become an active member of the technology and growth hacking communities by attending and speaking at industry events
To succeed in this role, you:
You have a high degree of intellectual curiousity and a genuine interest in business strategy and how brands acquire their customers. You are analytical and love nothing more than to dig into numbers to help guide a decision. You act as a trusted advisor and work collaboratively to deliver consistent results against business goals.
• 5+ years experience in digital marketing
• 5+ years experience working with high-growth companies, preferably in technology sector
• Demonstrated success establishing digital marketing strategies by collaborating across several teams, for multiple customers and external business partners
• Extensive experience with all digital acquisition channels and a deep understanding of how to engage with each type to ensure optimal performance
• Must have solid working knowledge of marketing, strategic planning and financial & competitive analysis
• Demonstrated experience using quantitative skills with the ability to link product design and features to strategic objectives while using hard data and metrics to substantiate assumptions and recommendations.
• Demonstrated success in helping businesses develop successful customer acquisition and growth strategies
• Solid understanding of the web development process, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies and deployment management
• An understanding that there is no “one size fits all” approach and the ability to tailor recommendations to each company’s business objectives.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to present and explain technical and business information in a clear and digestible manner
• A consultative approach with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently across the portfolio