Who We Are
Kira Systems is a fast-growing Toronto-based software company. Our mission is to empower enterprises through intuitive, easy-to-use software tools for uncovering relevant information in contracts. The Kira application is built upon our own proprietary, state-of-the-art machine learning technology. Our customers include some of the world’s best law firms, professional service firms, and corporations. They use Kira to quickly and accurately review and analyze contracts for due diligence, real estate and financial transactions, as well as contract management.
We make serious enterprise software, have fun doing it, and are always looking for talented people to join our team. We strive to constantly learn, question the crowd, push the boundaries of existing technology, and solve difficult problems.
Kira Systems is hiring Clojure developers to work in all places within our stack. Possibilities include working on Clojure web server, backend data processing services, and both our platform API and SDK. We use PostgreSQL to store our data and don’t hide SQL behind big frameworks. We also use many other popular technologies such as RabbitMQ, Zookeeper, ElasticSearch, and Docker.
- Architecting, implementing, and testing features across our stack.
- Ensuring our system is highly performant, stable, and robust to failure.
- Working closely with our design team in our design driven development style. Help our designers dream up solutions to user problems that astonish and delight.
- Help improve your and other’s code during code review.
- Demonstrated experience with a functional language. Bonus if you already know Clojure.
- Understanding of SQL and relational databases.
- Testing methodologies.
- Java and the JVM.
- ReSTful API use, implementation, or design.
- Knowledge application security.
- Kira Systems offers a competitive benefits package. Details vary by location but typically include health insurance, retirement plans, and more.
- New Macbook Pro or equivalent Linux-based computer.
- Flexible working hours.
- Education expense allowance.
- Equipment expense allowance.
Toronto or Remote
We want to hear from you. Apply on this page or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure you include:
- a resume,
- a cover note explaining why you would be a good addition to our team,
- links to code you’ve written or open source projects you’ve contributed to,
- your compensation expectations.
Why Join Kira Systems?
- Team. Our team is filled with smart, curious, independent, self-motivated, and nice people. Together, we have a happy and fun team culture.
- Personal Development. We work on challenging problems. It’s hard, in a good way.
- Technology and Design. Machine learning is driving a new industrial revolution, and it’s terrific to work closely with this impactful technology. Moreover, we care about great design and a great customer experience.
Meet us and figure out whether Kira Systems is a great place for you too.
Kira Systems welcomes diverse candidates.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Android DeveloperAXISTorontoApr 09
Embedded Firmware DeveloperAXISTorontoApr 12
C# Software Developer (Senior/Intermediate/Junior)Archon SystemsTorontoApr 13
Head of TechnologyTabono SportMontrealApr 13
DevOps LeadMavencareTorontoApr 27