Applied Research Scientist, Machine Learning
Who We Are
Kira Systems is a fast-growing Toronto-based software company. Our mission is to empower enterprises through intuitive, easy-to-use software tools for uncovering relevant information in contracts. The Kira application is built upon our own proprietary, state-of-the-art machine learning technology. Our customers include some of the world’s best law firms, professional service firms, and corporations. They use Kira to quickly and accurately review and analyze contracts for due diligence, real estate and financial transactions, as well as contract management.
We make serious enterprise software, have fun doing it, and are always looking for talented people to join our team. We strive to constantly learn, question the crowd, push the boundaries of existing technology, and solve difficult problems.
Kira Systems is looking for a computer scientist to join our research team. We focus on document and language understanding tasks, using a variety of techniques. In particular, we’d like to add someone who has deep learning experience to complement the skills of existing team. As a member of our research team you will have a lot of independence in your approach to the problems in our domain and your implementation of prototypes.
- Research, design, and analysis of machine learning based solutions to natural language understanding and document analysis problems.
- Work with our design team to make our technology accessible to non-experts.
- Help the development team productize research code and solve scaling problems.
- Follow up the occasional “Mad Science” idea for feasibility.
- PhD in machine learning or related field.
- Proficiency with C++ and Python.
- Experience working with natural languages.
- Experience with deep learning and associated frameworks.
- Knowledge of functional programming.
- Familiar with modern database systems.
- Bonus if you have experience with OCR software.
- Bonus if you enjoy working with functional languages and have experience using them.
- Kira Systems offers a competitive benefits package. Details vary by location but typically include health insurance, retirement plans, and more.
- Conference travel to relevant conferences.
- Open to selective publications.
- New Macbook Pro and other computing resources.
- Flexible working hours.
- Education expense allowance.
- Equipment expense allowance.
- Relocation bonus available.
We want to hear from you. Apply on this page or email email@example.com.
Make sure you include:
- a cover note explaining why you would be a good addition to our team, and
- your compensation expectations.
Why Join Kira Systems?
- Team. Our team is filled with smart, curious, independent, self-motivated, and nice people. Together, we have a happy and fun team culture.
- Personal Development. We work on challenging problems. It’s hard, in a good way.
- Technology and Design. Machine learning is driving a new industrial revolution, and it’s terrific to work closely with this impactful technology. Moreover, we care about great design and a great customer experience.
Meet us and figure out whether Kira Systems is a great place for you too.
Kira Systems welcomes diverse candidates.