FleetCarma is the world’s #1 provider of electric vehicle telematics systems. We are growing at a rapid pace, and are building a world-class team to help us get there. Fleet managers, researchers, and electric utilities use our OBD2 data loggers and software to measure, monitor, and manage their electric vehicle usage.
As a fast-paced and energetic organization filled with smart, friendly and hard working people, FleetCarma is a place where you will always be working on and learning new things.
We are on a mission to make clean transportation the norm, and we believe accelerating adoption of electric vehicles across fleets of all types will get us there. Now we need passionate people to make it happen.
The Product team is the nexus for Customer Development and Customer Discovery. The key deliverables of this team are:
- Customer Insights: the customer context, pain points, current solutions, and what success means to the customer. This insight is for both the individual that would use our system as well as the organization as a whole.
- Customer Priorities: working with the CEO and CTO, this team helps define the priority customer segments and specific use cases where FleetCarma can make the largest impact.
- Product Priorities: based upon Customer Insights and Priorities, this team generates the high-level product requirements of the team.
While this team’s mandate may expand to extend further down the product process, the current focus is on the earlier stages of product development.
Success of this team requires a crystal clear understanding of the customer’s world.
This role includes the following responsibilities:
- Get out of the building. Both literally and figuratively. This role is about the customer.
- Perform customer discovery interviews with individuals that are not current customers and/or in the sales funnel.
- Support Success team in capturing insights from existing customers. This includes enabling Success team to perform customer discovery interviews as well as performing customer discovery interviews directly.
- Support Sales team in capturing insights from potential customers. This includes enabling Sales team to perform customer discovery interviews as well as performing customer discovery interviews directly.
- Digest the various inputs to uncover patterns and the underlying pain points. Prove or disprove customer assumptions.
- Curate a customer insights repository to grow the collective intelligence of FleetCarma.
- Work with the CEO and CTO to define priority customer segments to further understand.
- Identify relevant customer personas, what the customer is hiring our product to do, and the high-level product requirements.
- May include travel to industry conferences and/or to perform in-person customer interviews.
- Coach the FleetCarma team on effective customer discovery methodologies.
At the end of the day, you are building FleetCarma’s customer intelligence to ensure we are prioritizing the right customers, with real problems, that we are unique able to solve.
You would be a good fit if…
You are an excellent listener that can empathize with the individual you are talking to. You are adept at stitching together feedback from various sources to uncover the underlying truth – think police detective, but without all the crime.
You want to work for a fast-moving company that is on track to grow and clean up the environment at the same time. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, enjoy interacting with others internally and externally, and you are motivated by challenging and rewarding problems.
You would not be a good fit if…
You want to focus on reading market reports and interpreting analysts report. FleetCarma is the leader in the space and has unique insight and the ability do our own primary research with customers and potential customers. As a result, we are ahead of market analysis. And need to stay ahead.
You are great at shepherding product features through the development cycle. If that is you, that’s cool, shoot us a note. We may be adding a role for that shortly, but this is not the role you are looking for. This role is a get-out-of-the-building role that is about understanding the customer.
- Post-secondary education in a related business, communications, or technical program, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in product management and/or customer discovery. Bonus if it is in a SaaS environment.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent, excellent listener.
- Demonstrated resourceful and analytical mindset
- Ability to stitch together disparate insights to uncover common patterns
- Able to operate effectively in time-sensitive and high-pressure situations
- Strong presentation skills, both in person and over web conference
- Rarely cause those around you to facepalm (to many people, you will be the face of FleetCarma)
- Interest in electric vehicles and green technology considered an asset
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@fleetcarma.com, referencing “Product Manager” in the subject line.