Quandl is a financial, economic and alternative data platform used by over 200,000 people, including thousands of analysts from the world’s top hedge funds, asset managers and investment banks. Professionals use Quandl for our rich suite of databases and unrivaled data consumption experience.
Quandl is a Toronto-based start-up backed by two of Silicon Valley’s most respected venture capital firms. We’ve built the world’s first successful data marketplace and are currently in our growth stage (post-Series B).
We are looking for a communications designer to support Quandl’s marketing efforts, product design and brand evolution. This role will expose you to design work across all of Quandl’s channels: web content and applications, visual communication, email, social media, digital campaigns and field marketing.
Under the guidance of the Chief Marketing Officer and the Director of Design, key responsibilities will include:
- Development of new marketing collateral and enhancements to existing materials.
- Creation of slide decks to be used in high-profile event marketing.
- Design, implementation and maintenance of customer-facing documents for the sales cycle. This includes, but is not limited to, the creation of white papers, case studies, onboarding guides and brochures, and their associated templates.
- Creation and execution of new strategies and concepts across both digital and print media.
- Assistance with development of Quandl brand/communications guidelines followed by implementation across the community.
- Management of Quandl style guide.
- Full management of landing page creation pipeline, including design and coding.
- Full management of email marketing templates and tactics, including design and coding.
- Ownership of specific enhancements to and new features of Quandl’s marquee web applications.
What You’ll Bring
- A portfolio showcasing your work
- 1+ years experience working client/agency side as a graphic designer
- Degree/Diploma in Advertising/Communications/Design or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in design software (we use Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite), Microsoft Office Suite (especially PowerPoint); HTML & CSS would be an asset
- A sharp eye for typography/design
- Experience in flat icon/illustration production
- Skills in layout design for print
- User experience design skills are an asset
- A passion for design, a drive to get better every day and the desire to learn
At Quandl, You’ll Have
- A competitive salary and generous stock options
- Health benefits for you and your family
- The ergonomics and hardware of your choice
- Flexible office hours, tactical telecommuting and generous vacation
- Colleagues who are smart, motivated, talented, and a pleasure to work with
- A beautiful, centrally located office filled with perks
Quandl is the world’s leading marketplace for financial, economic and alternative data. We serve well over a million dataset downloads every day, to a diverse user base that includes many of the largest hedge funds, asset managers and investment banks in the world.
Everything we’ve accomplished so far has been the result of hiring intelligent, committed, proactive people, and giving them the freedom to do their best work.
We value character, humility, integrity and teamwork; we try to steer clear of self-promotion, arrogance, egotism and other political skills. We are committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. If interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume, cover letter and a link to your online portfolio for this application. After initial screening, a physical portfolio will be requested.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Senior UX DesignerMavencareTorontoMay 18
UI/UX DesignerMavencareTorontoApr 27
Senior Graphic and Brand DesignereSight EyewearTorontoMay 18
C# Software Developer (Senior/Intermediate/Junior)Archon SystemsTorontoApr 13
Co-Founder & Software EngineerBrightmindLos Angeles, CA, United StatesApr 19