Blue Ant Media is looking for a passionate Product Manager to lead a development/design team on product development for its digital publishing brands: Cottage Life, Makeful, A.Side and more in the future. You will work collaboratively with business leads and the product team to develop, manage and execute product features across web and mobile web. This is a unique opportunity to lead an awesome development team and build great products at one of Canada’s top media companies
- Own the execution of Blue Ant’s digital publishing platform development including: ideation, design and development, advertising integration, data measurement, iteration, road mapping and platform expansion
- Organize and prioritize work for the product team by leading development according to Agile/Scrum principles and best practices - includes running sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospectives
- Create or manage creation of materials required by the product team to complete their work. This may include technical specifications, design assets, test data reports and requirements documentation.
- Collaborate in the ideation of new products and new features for existing products by creating user stories, wireframing possible solutions/user journeys and gathering feedback from key stakeholders
- Actively measure data and conduct usability testing on various product features (in beta and live).Collaborate with the Research & Insights team to provide ongoing metrics analysis and recommendations for thoughtful data-driven iteration.
- Work closely with key business, sales, and marketing stakeholders to ensure alignment of business goals and initiatives with product direction and execution
- Work with all team members to successfully manage changes in project scope, schedule, and personnel
Key Qualifications & Experience
- You have 3+ years’ experience managing and leading development teams, preferably with high-traffic digital publishing or video products
- You have 2-3 years’ experience working with advertising-supported platforms and are familiar with best practices and solutions for integrating programmatic, native and other advertising formats into a digital publishing product;
- You have 1-2 years of experience working with Scrum/Agile teams, either as product manager, project manager or a similar role
- You can effectively use Agile lifecycle management tools such as JIRA or Pivotal Tracker
- You have strong skills in writing, communication, documentation and stakeholder management
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.