Agile Project Manager
Wave is the fastest-growing financial tool on the planet for small businesses. We’ve got awesome momentum, great venture financing in our corner, seven products and services on the market and over 2.3 million customers around the world.
We’re on a roll, and we’re looking for an Agile Project Manager to drive, manage and facilitate multi-team projects. This means that you’d be supporting teams in a hands-on way through the ins and outs of project planning and executing while they balance their own strategic planning.
Reporting to the Director of Delivery, you will:
- Plan, lead and manage high impact agile projects that connect fast paced product teams.
- Define, recommend, and implement new processes and best practices, ensuring projects move quickly towards high-quality results.
- Identify and manage risks and address deviations from plans with the ability to organize and lead project status meetings in a communicative and constructive way.
- Support and promote empowerment of the teams ensuring a high level of engagement, while focusing on high velocity of delivery.
- Execute projects in which you’ve hand-crafted your project management approach to include elements of Agile and traditional methodologies, delivering highly scalable projects within tight deadlines.
The Bare Necessities:
- Passionate and practiced in numerous project management principles with the ability to blend Agile methodologies and traditional guidelines in the right proportions suitable for a fast-paced, dynamic project and business environment with huge goals.
- Deep understanding of the SDLC through direct experience working with software products in the startup or tech world.
- Ability to motivate, mentor, coach, and collaborate with your team in a way that translates your passion for agile methodologies by offering expertise in Scrum and Kanban which is both accessible yet sustainable.
- You know how to prioritize and oversee cross-functional Agile teams and shape their project strategy towards greatness!
- Experience with JIRA. You love JIRA. You hate JIRA sometimes, too. You live and breathe JIRA as an Agile PM.
You’ll Thrive Here If:
- You want to make a lasting impact at one of Canada's most exciting Fintech companies.
- You have an entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on the details without losing sight of the “big picture.”
- You are passionate to lead just as much as you are about being hands-on when it comes to enacting change.
What Makes Working Here Awesome:
- One of Canada’s most extraordinary Fintech companies, Wave recently was named to the Deloitte Fast 50 list, with 1,640% revenue growth.
- We're recognized as one of Canada’s Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2016.
- A collaborative and dynamic team of individuals committed to solving hard problems
- Competitive compensation including stock options, health & fitness coverage, and a training allowance
- An awesome office with a cozy common space, Ping Pong, tons of snacks and all the Club Soda.
- A fantastic location in the vibrant Leslieville neighborhood, where there’s no shortage of good food, drinks, arts and entertainment (check out our walk and transit score!)
- An open, entrepreneurial culture and a shared desire to change the lives of our customers
RECRUITERS, PLEASE NOTE:
We are not accepting applications via recruiters at this time.
Launched in November 2010, Wave provides integrated online applications that help small business owners around the world run their businesses with accounting, invoicing, payments and payroll products. The company has secured more than US$53.8 million in funding and is signing up tens of thousands of small business customers each month. Wave currently tracks more than $175 billion in small business income and spending. Wave is based in Toronto, Canada.