Digital Coordinator, Content, Conversations + Campaigns
Rethink Breast Cancer is searching for a smart and savvy digital coordinator with experience in all things online to join the growing team. We're looking for someone born and bred digital who has a strong record of getting people talking and is passionate about using technology for change.
The charity organization is focusing on expanding the global reach of it’s education, support and advocacy work; using technology to better support young people affected by breast cancer all around the world. Our approach is fresh, engaging, and, most importantly, supportive and informative. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, self-starter to work with the team to amplify our content, conversations and campaigns across the web and social media so we can help more young people impacted by breast cancer wherever they are.
Requirements include supporting the team in these areas:
- Support the backend of Rethink website built on Wordpress
- Publish content updates and post new blogs
- Help manage SEO, tags and metatags
- Assist with SEM and help with Ad Words account
- Help produce campaign pages in Engaging Networks platform
- Work with Digital Marketing Manager to execute Rethink’s social media strategy
- Help write, design, schedule and publish social posts to support our programs, events and campaigns, plus share industry news
- Track the success of each post
- Engage in conversation with our community and respond to questions
- Find opportunities for growth of our networks
- Keep on top of news and developments in social media world and look for opportunities on how they may benefit to Rethink
- Help Rethink produce and edit original video content on a weekly basis
- Develop video ideas based on what our community is responding to
- Support the development of video content calendar
- Optimize video on our Youtube channel through best practices such as tags and thumbnails
- Help Digital Marketing Manager build and deploy emails
- Help Rethink manage and drive traffic to it’s Give-A-Care online store (Shopify platform)
- Fulfill orders as necessary
- Assist the VP of Marketing + Communications on various tasks
- Support Rethink events and programs
- Bachelor's or College degree in tech, marketing, communications or equivalent field
- 1-3 years of professional digital experience
- Tech-savvy, with the ability to learn new concepts and software applications quickly and independently
- Demonstrated interest in and understanding of the digital media landscape
- Uncanny attention to detail and quality
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Extremely familiar with social media; use and understand best practices on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat etc… (plus whatever is next!)
- Ability to produce and edit video
- Comfort using Wordpress and custom CMS, editing and coding copy in HTML
- Understanding of SEO/SEM
- Experience with web and social analytics
- Knowledge of Engaging Networks platform a bonus
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with our internal team and agency partners
Launched in 2001, Rethink Breast CancerTM is the first-ever, Canadian breast cancer charity to bring bold, relevant awareness to the 40s and under crowd; foster a new generation of young and influential breast cancer supporters; infuse sass and style into the cause; and, most importantly, respond to the unique needs of young women going through it.
Rethink Breast Cancer’s mission is to empower young people worldwide who are concerned about and affected by breast cancer through cutting-edge education, resources, advocacy, community engagement, and fundraising.
WHY WORK FOR RETHINK?
Rethink offers a supportive, flexible work environment with weekly work from home days and the ability to learn and grow in your field. We are in an exciting time of growth at our organization and act like a start up. We look for creative, big thinkers that want to develop the most interesting, forward-thinking work, with the biggest impact. And best of all, you can leave each day knowing we help people at the most difficult time of their lives.
Please send resume to Alison Lawler-Dean, VP Marketing + Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 12, 2017.