Software Engineer - Ruby
Scouring through job postings looking for more than just another "pretty ok" job at a company that's better than "it'll do"? Wave is the fastest-growing financial tool on the planet for small businesses. We’ve got awesome momentum, great venture financing in our corner, five solid products on the market and over two and a half million users around the world. We’re on a roll, and we’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help us explore and uncover the path to Wave’s success.
At Wave you will:
- Face exciting, out of the box challenges day in day out. From rapidly scaling our systems to redesigning large parts of the application, we never run out of difficult problems to solve. The status quo just isn't our style.
- Rapidly grow into leading technical projects, processes, and standards.
- Work as part of a small, agile, integrated product team that’s focused on continual improvement of their skills and helping each other learn new things.
- Be in a workplace that is fun and informal — a place where you'll want to come to on Monday mornings.
- Build something that will make lives of real people easier.
- 1-3 years experience with full stack development using Ruby on Rails. Additional languages and web frameworks are good too!
- Interested in leading technical projects from inception to delivery.
- Able to operate and monitor highly available systems in production, or willing to quickly learn how to do so.
- Borderline obsessive about testing and quality of workmanship.
- Curiosity and excitement about technology as a force for good.
- Pride in writing testable, modular, maintainable, simple, and well-documented code.
- Experience with web application and / or distributed systems development.
- Feeling right at home in the terminal.
- Strong written and oral communication skills (you can speak the words real good and write pretty ok sometimes too).
- B.S., M.S., and/or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering or equivalent.
Nice to have:
- Experience using relational databases. (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
Technology at Wave:
What makes working here awesome:
- One of Canada’s most extraordinary Fintech companies, Wave recently was named to the Deloitte Fast 50 list, with 1,640% revenue growth.
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2016.
- Great people, great culture
- Casual and fun office environment
- Very competitive compensation, including stock options
- All the usual Benefits
- Vibrant neighbourhood an incredible opportunity to get in on the ground floor of what Techcrunch has called one of Canada’s best startups, experiencing lightning-fast growth and international recognition
RECRUITERS PLEASE NOTE:
We are not accepting applications via recruiters at this time.
Launched in November 2010, Wave provides integrated online applications that help small business owners around the world run their businesses with accounting, invoicing, payments and payroll products. The company has secured more than US$53.8 million in funding, and is signing up tens of thousands of small business customers each month. Wave currently tracks more than $175 billion in small business income and spending. Wave is based in Toronto, Canada.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Intermediate Software EngineerRedwoodMontrealApr 24
Co-Founder & Software EngineerBrightmindLos Angeles, CA, United StatesApr 19
C# Software Developer (Senior/Intermediate/Junior)Archon SystemsTorontoApr 13
Director, Ops EngineeringWaveTorontoMay 10
Part-time IT TechnicianeSight EyewearTorontoMay 04