Co-Founder & Software Engineer
Are you fascinated by the craft of software and passionate about making the world a better place? Let’s talk.
As an equity holder of Brightmind, you’ll help create the first digital meditation coach that creates custom guided meditations based on user interests and level of experience. The logic behind the automated coach is based on the teaching style of Shinzen Young, who is a world-renowned meditation teacher and mathematician. The team is small, collaborative, and energetic. Mindfulness is an exploding industry and this position will allow you to shape it. You’ll also have the opportunity to explore mindfulness personally with world class teachers.
The position begins with 10 weeks of expert training with Nascent, a high-end product design and development firm in Toronto. You’ll help build version one of the app during this period. The position continues in Los Angeles (if you’re not a US citizen, we’ll help you get a work visa).
What you’ll be doing
- Validating concepts by designing and prototyping lean POCs
- Creating and maintaining a native iOS application using Swift
- Consulting with the team on platform capabilities that can be leveraged in product design
- Database and applications architecture design
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Automated testing and CI/CD pipelines
What you’ll bring
- Strong CS fundamentals and knowledge of object-oriented programming and software design patterns such as AOP, MVC, MVVM, etc.
- Proficiency in iOS app development in Swift and knowledge of the associated ecosystems (preferably 3-5 years experience)
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is a plus
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Comfort developing, maintaining, and optimizing RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with the AWS/AMS ecosystem
- Can provide solid recommendations around tech stack and best practices
- Open and excited to learn emerging technologies
Brightmind is a startup at its best. A myriad of questions associated with our impending public launch infuse everyday with excitement. The fact that our product will directly decrease suffering and increase kindness only adds to the fervor.
We’ve intentionally created an efficient collaborative culture. We structure our meetings enough to stay on track yet not so much to diminish creativity. Everyone feels confident enough to share even their crazy ideas but are also humble enough to move on without flinching. On a day-to-day basis, we’re in charge of our own to do lists, but we also often ask each other for help when we don’t know what to do next. Decision making is shared when that makes sense and delegated when that makes sense. We embrace an interdisciplinary approach where designers, developers, marketers, and the CEO contribute to brainstorming. We have a solid network of business, technical, content, marketing, and investment advisors.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Intermediate Software EngineerRedwoodMontrealApr 24
C# Software Developer (Senior/Intermediate/Junior)Archon SystemsTorontoApr 13
Director, Ops EngineeringWaveTorontoMay 10
Senior Graphic and Brand DesignereSight EyewearTorontoMay 18
Account ExecutiveCollageTorontoApr 26