We’re looking for a UI Developer who’s passionate about creating modular and scalable front-end architecture to join our product team. You’ll have the opportunity to help build, maintain, and enforce a UI components library to drive consistency across the app and help create standards to streamline the workflow for updating and creating new features.
You’ll be working alongside a heavy-hitting product team composed of talented PMs and Designers who care deeply about their craft and about delighting users through experiences that don’t make them think.
We are a high-growth startup that prides itself on stellar design and superb code quality. We have a deep understanding of our users’ psychology and enjoy solving complex problems. We love to learn, teach, and debate all ideas. Our leadership team has worked across seven startups (one exited to Google), which has allowed us to form well-thought-out opinions on work culture, time management and coding practices. We work our own hours, play by our own rules and choose our own roads to follow.
So what do we do? Roadmunk is an enterprise SaaS platform that allows users to create visual roadmaps to promote organization transparency across teams in a collaborative environment. Our customers include Slack, Nike, Citibank, The Coca-Cola Company, Adobe & Walt Disney.
We're on the NodeJS stack, with MongoDB, and KnockoutJS on the front-end driving the UI. We've gone to great lengths to create a clean and extensible architecture for the project. We even have our own fork of KnockoutJS with performance improvements.
We also support a cross-OS development environment via Docker so choose whether you want to run OSX, Linux, or even Windows as your development environment.
- 2-4+ years of front-end development experience
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented design
- A good sense for system architecture and code organization
- Understand what clean code looks like and why
- Experience using HTTP and REST based API’s
- OOP patterns and asynchronous callback patterns (ie. Promises)
- Familiarity with AWS and Linux administration (specifically Ubuntu)
- Experience writing modern SPAs
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of KnockoutJS and LESS (or SASS)
- Knowledge of NodeJS, MongoDB, Docker
- Experience with Git and Github
- Familiar with REST, AJAX, JSON
- Some type of unit testing framework (eg: we use Mocha with Sinon and Chai)
- Help build, maintain, and reinforce a modular UI library in conjunction with design team to create common interface language for team
- Help prototype new features to iron out kinks with iterative rounds of feedback
- Test and identify bugs, log them appropriately and implement fixes
- Development & deployment of assigned work which adheres to our shop coding practices
- Occasionally lead a discussion on a topic during lunch-n-learns
- Reports to Head of Design
- Full health benefits package
- Health & wellness allowance
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Free snacks and drinks
- Team lunches and monthly events
- Diverse projects, cutting-edge tools and freedom to experimen