Software, web, game developer
We are passionate about making technology accessible and fun, and committed to creating learning tools that focus on the relationship between hardware (electronics) and software (programming) to develop STEAM skills and spark new ideas for curious minds of all ages.
You’ll be joining our small team as a front-end / web / game developer. You’ll be involved in design, infrastructure, and all aspects of software production. Our mission is to create fun, engaging tools for teaching code, electronics, and other STEAM skills for students in primary grades and beyond. You'll be instrumental in sparking ideas for generations of kids growing up today.
- Knows their way around CSS and SASS
- Experience programming visualizations or games using web technologies
- Some understanding of backend infrastructure / databases
- Experience with NodeJS
- Detailed-oriented work ethics and appetite for tasteful visual design
Nice if you have:
- Experience with AngularJS
- Familiarity with google technologies like firebase, analytics
- Used a unit test framework/runner along the lines of karma, jasmine, mocha, etc.
- Familiarity with some of these keywords is a plus: electron, cordova, gulp, browserify, web pack, systems, eslint, babel, react
- Worked with kids content
- Appreciation for maker culture and DIY mentality
- Played with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, other hardware gizmos, and you know how to solder (or want to learn all of this)
We offer a flexible and relaxed work environment. Our office hours are 10-6, in a low-key creative studio in the East End. 4 weeks paid vacation.
Additional Application InstructionsPlease send your CV and portfolio website.
Sign up for Job Alerts
C# Software Developer (Senior/Intermediate/Junior)Archon SystemsTorontoApr 13
Intermediate Software EngineerRedwoodMontrealApr 24
Co-Founder & Software EngineerBrightmindLos Angeles, CA, United StatesApr 19
Android DeveloperMavencareTorontoFeb 24