Director of Acquisition
Chefs Plate is a Toronto startup that is redefining the way Canadians eat. We built Chefs Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better. We provide exceptional food direct to our customers online. We launched in November 2014 and are now delivering over 200,000 meals/month to Ontario, BC, Alberta & Manitoba. Our team is growing fast and we’re looking to bring amazing people together to drive our vision and redefine the way Canadians think about food. Check out chefsplate.com.
We’re looking for an experienced Director of Acquisition who will be responsible for driving online customer acquisition, analytics and optimization of our marketing funnel. The ideal candidate will be a data-driven, disciplined, analytical marketer, with 6+ years experience in a start-up, tech or internet company.
This is a critical role in the company and you will report directly to the VP Marketing.
RequirementsAbout the role
- Create and implement innovative acquisition strategies & campaigns across key channels including paid online media, email, traditional mediums, and business development partnerships.
- Own and oversee our omni-channel content strategy and voice across several touch-points.
- Manage a team of 2-4 employees to achieve expected ROI with an understanding of cost per acquisition, retention and lifetime value.
- Develop profitable promotions / trial strategies including targeting, offers, cadence and frequency.
- Review daily, weekly, monthly reports and statistics to monitor and adjust key marketing programs in order to maximize growth.
- Manage web analytics to provide in-depth analysis of website and channel performance through analysis of traffic, the conversion funnel, average order size, and ROI to make recommendations and implement strategies for improvement.
- Work with Tech team to develop new landing pages, marketing content and A/B testing.
- Work with brand marketing and social media team to align organic and paid media efforts.
- Manage any freelance partners or media buying outlets.
- 5-8+ years of online marketing experience, preferably within a startup, tech or internet company
- High level of familiarity and knowledge of E-commerce platforms & strategies
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to effectively turn reporting and analysis into actionable insights and execution plans
- Ability to develop and present a POV and implications based on data, and present findings across the organization
- Expertise in SEM, email marketing, online lead generation and conversion optimization
- Web Analytics experience (Google Analytics, Mixpanel or similar platforms)
- Self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects independently
- High proficiency in Excel
- A true leader, able to build rapport with cross-functional teams and make sure tasks are executed in a timely manner
- Self-starter with the ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- An enthusiastic, energetic attitude to contribute to a start-up environment
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. A go-getter with a "make stuff happen" mentality.
- A passion for what we do - calling all foodies (we highly recommend trying Chefs Plate and having some familiarity before interviewing)!
BenefitsAt Chefs Plate, we’re building the leading online food brand in Canada. If you’re looking to get involved in the hyper-growth stages of one of Toronto's fastest-growing companies, then this role is for you!
- Flexible work hours
- A beautiful office in downtown Toronto (Duncan & Richmond), with easy access to transit
- Large opportunity for increased responsibility and growth in the company
- Employee discounts on all Chef’s Plate weekly meals