Senior Product Manager
Influitive is a rapidly growing innovator in the marketing software space. With over $49M raised from top-tier venture capitalists including Georgian Partners, Relay Ventures, First Round Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Lightspeed Ventures and others, Influitive helps B2B marketers mobilize their customers to become advocates for the business, influencing buyers and driving revenue growth.
The AdvocateHub SaaS platform and Maven mobile app make it fun and exciting for advocates to participate in more customer referrals, reference calls, success stories & testimonials, online product reviews, survey responses and other social sharing. This approach, called ‘advocate marketing’, is proven to generate higher-quality sales leads, accelerate sales opportunities and improve brand recognition.
The founding team has previously built Eloqua, a marketing automation software firm that went public and was bought by Oracle for $871M in 2012. The team is now bolstered by leaders with one or more exits under their belts.
About the role – Senior Product Manager
Are you ready to apply your product skills to help enhance Influitive’s advocate marketing SaaS? We’re looking for an exceptional product manager to join our growing team. This role will report to the GM, Upshot and will own the product leadership of Influitive’s customer story platform, Upshot.
Product development at Influitive is organized around squads. Each squad includes a Product Manager, a Designer and Developers, and is responsible for a collection of products and features. As a Senior Product Manager, you will help your team ship the right product to your users. You will work to increase the profitability of existing products and to develop new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. Squads are data-driven, and you will work to optimize against a set of key metrics that contribute to the overall product goals.
What we’d like you to do:
- Lead your team to develop a winning product – As the CEO of your product, you are ultimately responsible for your product’s success, and you must inspire your team to help you achieve it. You’ll work with an engineering counterpart to define and develop a product that meets your objectives. You’ll work with your design counterpart to develop an exceptional user experience. You’ll work with product marketing to define the product positioning, benefits, and go-to-market strategy.
- Set product strategy – You own your product team’s goals and the path to achieving them. Influitive uses a data-driven development process, so your team will be responsible for a number of key performance metrics, and many of your goals will reflect desired improvements to these metrics.
- Advocate for customers – The most important metric is customer usage, and customers will not use your product if you aren’t helping them do their jobs. You will spend time with customers to understand their problems and to develop innovative solutions for them and the broader market.
- Prioritize effectively – There will always be many more ideas than there are resources to execute them, so a big part of your job will be to determine the right order of execution. You will collect inputs from numerous sources such as customers, industry analysts, Sales, Customer Success, and executive management. Then you will develop product initiatives based on these inputs. You will estimate the benefit of your initiatives through a combination of experience and data analysis, and you will give the highest priority to those projects that offer the biggest “bang for the buck”.
What an incredible candidate looks like:
- Relevant work experience – Previous experience as a Product Manager at a B2B SaaS software company is required.
- Tech savvy – CS or Engineering degree is desired, but even without a technical degree, you have “street cred” with developers. You can decompose problems into components, can anticipate issues, and can help developers to make the right technical trade-offs.
- Business savvy – An MBA is helpful, but even without it, you understand revenue, cost, profit, ROI, investment decisions, and other key business concepts. And you’re good with spreadsheets!
- Data-driven – You understand and appreciate metrics, and you let data (not opinions) drive your decisions. You have experience with A/B testing and understand related concepts such as sample sizes and statistical significance.
- Leadership – You know what needs to be done, and you are effective at getting others to help you make it happen. You are organized. You run meetings and manage projects effectively. You genuinely enjoy working with other people to solve problems, and they enjoy working with you. Your ideas command attention, but you don’t believe that you have all the answers going in, so you appreciate getting many minds on a problem. You are a team player.
- Design Orientation – You understand and have sound knowledge of design principles and user experience and can provide direction and collaborate with experienced designers.
- Lean, agile development – You are familiar with agile best practices and the pressures of a regular, short release cycle. You have experience with lean startup concepts such as minimum viable product and validated learning.
- Excellent communications skills – You are able to deliver verbal and written communications that are clear, concise, and effective and that are at a level that is appropriate to your audience. You can persuade executives, customers, and developers to your line of thinking by making a case that is impossible to refute or ignore.
- Strong passion & drive – You love software! You are passionate about solving problems for and delighting users. You are competitive with a strong desire to win in the marketplace. You are a fast learner who can quickly develop a deep understanding of the market, the product, and the competition. You execute with a sense of urgency.
- Positive attitude – You have an entrepreneurial, “can-do” attitude. You are confident but not cocky. You exhibit a humble willingness to learn.
What you’ll get from us:
At Influitive, you’ll find an empowering environment where people are inspired to do great work, learning and developing quickly as professionals as they fundamentally change the way modern marketing works. (Check out our Glassdoor page to see what this looks like in action in the words of our advocates – our employees.) In addition, you’ll get some awesome perks, such as a MacBook, catered lunches 2X/wk, a learning and development budget, and a comfy Influitive hoodie. We offer every full-time employee competitive compensation including performance bonuses, generous benefits from day one, and stock options in the company.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Product ManagerMavencareTorontoFeb 23
C# Software Developer (Senior/Intermediate/Junior)Archon SystemsTorontoApr 13
Community ManagerOneElevenTorontoApr 07
Marketing ManagereSight EyewearTorontoApr 19