If you consider yourself a software craftsman who takes enjoyment in writing large scale software systems "the right way", then you've found home. We're a talented group of professionals dedicating our time to our craft, working at the cutting edge of web technology to create experiences that our industry is blown away with.
Software developers at EventMobi are not restricted to small tasks but are crucial members that own & build the software our customers love. We do this by focusing on building software the right way - well designed & architected code, well thought out and tested, automation and metrics gathered, insights proactively instrumented.
Here's what our Software Developers do:
- Architecture & Scale - You will lead the architecture on your team, gathering insights, employing DDD to determine the best tech to address our customers needs.
- Ownership - You own the products / features you ship. From initial design, to deployment, test automation to performance monitoring, you own what you make end-to-end
- Development - Best practices, craftsmanship, well thought out code and mentorship to your team is your ideal and you preach this in your work and with your team.
- Quality - Pair programming, lunch & learns, mentorship, you will teach and help grow the team around you in not only pushing new features but also keeping the utmost quality in everything we build.
- Research - You will help guide the tech stack across our multitude of products, how they fit in to our architecture, and their growth & maintenance plans amongst our growing product set.
What will you bring to the team?
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or otherwise equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 3 years experience as a software engineering working on large or fast scaling products
- Experience with Python or other server side languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to mentor and grow team members, provide technical guidance and oversight on technical direction
- Familiarity playing in UNIX environments
- Want to get involved in all parts of the tech stack and have a commitment to code quality
- Excellent communication and creative approach to complex problems
- An understanding of data-structures, modular design, and maintenance / scalability patterns
- You must be a self-starter and require minimum supervision. We need someone who can take in the vision and come up with fantastic ideas and execute.
What will you get from EventMobi?
- We offer an experience of a life-time working with a dynamic, open-minded and diverse team, who are excited to come to work every day and passionate about what they do and the clients they help.
- A great office at Bloor and Church with beautiful views of downtown and steps away from Yorkville;
- Competitive salary, subsidized health care plans with dental, vision, drug coverage;
- Team building events and trips;
- A wellness account providing reimbursement on transit passes, fitness equipment, house cleaning and dry cleaning;
- Full kitchen stocked with coffee and snacks to keep you nourished;
- A subsidized lunch program with great food from local vendors;
- Quarterly team events;
- EventMobi sports teams - right now dodgeball, soccer and softball are our thing;
- Foosball, ping pong, massage chair for your down time;
- Discounted Goodlife membership;
- A great culture with much more along the way!
Want to Learn More About EventMobi?
Watch this fun, 3min video here: http://www.eventmobi.com/careers/#video
Also here is an awesome video that shows you what brought a smile to EventMobi's team in 2016: https://youtu.be/jm8j15wpEu4
We're focused on building the most robust & well designed event management platform to help planners run better & more successful events. We believe that live events bring people together to enable change, and we can have a huge impact on enabling success for events & and their attendees. We've already changed how 10,000+ events in 70+ countries use technology at their events, and we're looking forward to influencing hundreds of thousands of future events.
EventMobi welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and from minorities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sign up for Job Alerts
More from EventMobi
C# Software Developer (Senior/Intermediate/Junior)Archon SystemsTorontoApr 13
Co-Founder & Software EngineerBrightmindLos Angeles, CA, United StatesApr 19
iOS DeveloperMavencareTorontoFeb 24
Android DeveloperMavencareTorontoFeb 24
Back End DeveloperMavencareTorontoFeb 23