Engineering Manager - Frontend
This is very fast paced role, working with a team of experienced and very smart, collaborative and empathetic developers. We're an engineer run company and want individuals looking to work in an environment where they can holistically building software "the right way" with appropriate architecture, quality, and performance baked into our products from the get-go over hacked together solutions. If you want to help lead, grow and mentor a team like this, then you've found the right place!
What Is Your Day to Day?
- Performance Management: Help develop under-performers, identify hidden talent and mentor both technical and managerial leaders.
- Recruitment: Sourcing, hiring and growing a high potential team
- Productivity & Process: Assess, bring forward and instill processes & improvements to continually increase productivity to drive speed, predictability & quality
- Technical Guidance: Help define, breakdown, prioritize and deliver complex projects. Ask the right questions to lead the team to the ideal solution
- Cross-Team Management: Able to realize cross-team dependencies, develop strategy and solutions for most efficient ways forward
- Risk Management: Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Culture: Help push culture forward, put in programs to help us realize our ideal vision as a technical team. Build programs to attract talent based on culture (blogs, community, conference talks, etc)
- Organizational Structure: Assess team structures and optimize teams & their members for efficiency
What Will You Bring to the Team?
- 2+ years in a people management role preferably in a B2B SaaS environment
- Technically strong background and solid understanding of the best software design practices
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to coach, mentor and develop team members
- A strong mentor who encourages and implements training and knowledge-sharing opportunities
- Able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints to make rapid decisions in a dynamic environment. You are organized & clear in communication.
- Eye for talent and a history of building high performance development teams
- Thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- A true leader – someone who enables and inspires their team to do their best work
What Will You Get From EventMobi?
- We offer an experience of a life-time working with a dynamic, open-minded and diverse team, who are excited to come to work every day and passionate about what they do and the clients they help
- A great office at Bloor and Church with beautiful views of downtown and steps away from Yorkville
- Competitive salary, subsidized health care plans with dental, vision, drug coverage
- Team building events and trips
- A wellness account providing reimbursement on transit passes, fitness equipment, house cleaning and dry cleaning
- Full kitchen stocked with coffee and snacks to keep you nourished
- A subsidized lunch program with great food from local vendors
- Quarterly team events
- EventMobi sports teams - right now dodgeball, soccer and softball are our thing
- Foosball, ping pong, massage chair for your down time
- Discounted Goodlife membership
- A great culture with much more along the way!
Want to Learn More About EventMobi?
Watch this fun, 3min video here: http://www.eventmobi.com/careers/#video
Also here is an awesome video that shows you what brought a smile to EventMobi's team in 2016: https://youtu.be/jm8j15wpEu4
We're focused on building the most robust & well designed event management platform to help planners run better & more successful events. We believe that live events bring people together to enable change, and we can have a huge impact on enabling success for events & and their attendees. We've already changed how 10,000+ events in 70+ countries use technology at their events, and we're looking forward to influencing hundreds of thousands of future events.
EventMobi welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and from minorities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.