At EventMobi we are continuously looking to improve and better our engineering process. Our agile coach is the core individual on our team constantly analyzing, measuring, understanding and gathering feedback to help the team create change, improve and become the highest performing engineering team possible. As an agile coach you will be work with all of our cross-functional product teams (Product Manager, Designer + 2-5 developers) in optimizing their agile practices within their teams and looking at ways to drive higher performance.
This is a holistic role that is dynamic, broad ranging and challenging and a great next step for individuals who have been in scrum environments to see how some of the most efficient engineering teams can operate. You will be directly reporting to the CTO and working together on understanding pain points across the teams, brainstorming and putting plans in action for continuous improvement across the department.
Checkout some of the work that we've been able to accomplish with the help of having an agile coach within EventMobi:
- How we operate without QA - https://medium.com/eventmobi/quality-without-qa-how-eventmobi-keeps-the-bar-high-81a6446e6dae#.2xbferfif
- How we've scaled transparency & communication - https://medium.com/eventmobi/how-weve-managed-growth-pains-with-transparency-communication-fff18c8a0dfb#.j1cxevva3
Your Areas of Focus:
- Agile Leadership - Continually bring forward agile practices and help our product teams of cross-functional engineers to be as high performing and high quality as possible. Act as a project manager when needed.
- Process - Manage the team's agile process in how they get their work done and monitor their performance, guide and continually improve their process in shipping great software.
- Mentorship - Lunch & learns, mentorship, 1-on-1s. You will teach and help your team grow personally and professionally.
- Quality & Efficiency - Best practices, craftsmanship, code reviews & walkthroughs - whatever you can do to ensure your team is keeping quality top of mind and making them as efficient as possible. This also means creating and tracking KPI's for the engineering teams.
What You Will Bring to the Team
- 2+ years experience as an Agile Coach / Scrum Master / Product Owner / Engineering Manager
- Ideally some experience as a software engineer working on large or fast scaling products
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Deep understanding of Agile Principles (and not a capital "A" Agile fanatic, understand when / where process & structure is needed and when it's not)
- Familiar with Agile development practices, Kanban, Scrum
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
What Will You Get From EventMobi?
- We offer an experience of a life-time working with a dynamic, open-minded and diverse team, who are excited to come to work every day and passionate about what they do and the clients they help
- A great office at Bloor and Church with beautiful views of downtown and steps away from Yorkville
- Competitive salary, subsidized health care plans with dental, vision, drug coverage
- Team building events and trips
- A wellness account providing reimbursement on transit passes, fitness equipment, house cleaning and dry cleaning
- Full kitchen stocked with coffee and snacks to keep you nourished
- A subsidized lunch program with great food from local vendors
- Quarterly team events
- EventMobi sports teams - right now dodgeball, soccer and softball are our thing
- Foosball, ping pong, massage chair for your down time
- Discounted Goodlife membership
- A great culture with much more along the way!
Want to Learn More About EventMobi?
Watch this fun, 3min video here: http://www.eventmobi.com/careers/#video
Also here is an awesome video that shows you what brought a smile to EventMobi's team in 2016: https://youtu.be/jm8j15wpEu4
We're focused on building the most robust & well designed event management platform to help planners run better & more successful events. We believe that live events bring people together to enable change, and we can have a huge impact on enabling success for events & and their attendees. We've already changed how 10,000+ events in 70+ countries use technology at their events, and we're looking forward to influencing hundreds of thousands of future events.
EventMobi welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and from minorities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.