Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
We are a disruptive, fast growing start-up looking for a entrepreneurial minded Chief Technology Officer (CTO) with an unquenchable thirst for data, innovation, and dedication to operational efficiency. Responsible for the technological vision of the company, the CTO directs the strategic design, acquisition, management, and implementation of our infrastructure while maintaining technology standards for the organization. The CTO works with the leadership team, key customers, partners, and investors to ensure Viafoura’s technology strategy is aligned to support its business strategy. The CTO reports directly to the CEO.
The CTO is expected to make data a first-class product for targeting, measuring, and analysis of the Viafoura Audience Development Platform.
- Infrastructure: AWS, Linux, Bash, Docker, Ansible, CloudWatch, PagerDuty, Loggly, ShareCounter, Pingdom, etc.
- Build/SCM: GitHub/GitLab, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, Grunt, Gulp, npm, etc.
- Backend: Java/JVM, microservices, NOSQL databases, SQL databases, Apache Spark/Storm, Apache Kafka, Zookeeper, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, etc.
- Front-end: HTML, CSS, JS based systems, with modern front-end frameworks like VUE, Angular, etc.
- QA: SonarQube, Selenium, JUnit, Mockito, etc.
- Project management: JIRA
We exist in a hyper-creative atmosphere, curated by talented professionals serious about getting the most out of themselves and our culture. Our philosophy on culture fit is simple: We want people who are enthusiastic about what they do, and are excited to come in every day to learn and contribute to our growing company. We operate in a highly collaborative environment, and we’re drawn to like-minded people who love knowledge-sharing and thrive in a team setting.
Being part of a team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind–one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow.
Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, and social media will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest.
- Identify technology and product opportunities within the company and marketplace
- Lead the recruitment, development, and management of technology and staff
- Shepherd agile practices and processes at scale across products, projects, and geographically distributed teams
- Keep abreast of emerging behaviors, technologies in big data, predictive analytics and their application to media and ecommerce
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan
- Establish and manage a security plan to ensure all company information is protected against external threats and internal mistakes
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders
- Establishes a governance process that meets government, partner, and company expectations for customer information privacy
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience across all phases of technology, management, and information services operations, with a focus on big data mining and/or data analytics
- Ideally, he/she will have at least five years in a similar leadership role in a mid-sized, rapidly growing organization
- Experience in development and implementation of Business Intelligence platforms is highly desired
- Demonstrated success in building and managing high performance IT teams and technology initiatives across multiple regions is highly desired
- Track record of building and operating successful products and platforms
- Strong capabilities of observation, analysis, and synthesis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in technology leadership in a SaaS start-up culture
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related fields
- Change-agent capable of defining our technology vision