Canopy Labs (http://www.canopylabs.com/) is a Toronto-based predictive customer analytics company, specializing in personalizing e-mail, website, call centre, and other marketing channels for B2C companies. Founded in 2012, Canopy Labs works with major retailers, ticketing companies, and non-profits to optimize nearly $20B in annual revenue. Prominent customers include JetBlue, BMO, Indigo, the Buffalo Bills, the Art Gallery of Ontario, and many more.
Canopy Labs is a Y Combinator-funded company, and also backed by Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures and BDC IT Ventures Fund.
The company is composed of 23 people and currently expanding its operations in the US. In an effort to continue on its growth path, Canopy Labs is looking to expand its development team.
We are looking for a skilled and energetic software engineer who loves the challenge of working on a fast-paced team. We process tens of millions of records from a multitude of sources daily, and we build predictive models on multi-billion record data sets.
We design and develop with AWS services and open source big data technologies, including but not limited to: CloudFormation, Kinesis, Lambda, Aurora, Docker, Spark, Mesos and Scala.
The person in this role will be expected to:
- contribute to the design of Canopy Labs’ technical infrastructure
- write code, with a focus on distributed data storage and analysis
- focus on quality, including performing code reviews and writing unit tests
- translate user requirements into technical requirements
- 3+ years in software development roles.
- 1+ years industry experience with Python.
- Comfort working with databases.
- Experience developing a hosted SaaS application.
- Experience in agile software development.
- Undergraduate degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field.
- 1+ years professional experience with Node.js.
- 1+ years professional experience with Scala.
- 1+ years experience developing code that interacts with AWS services.
- Experience with ETL and data pipelines.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (ideally MongoDB).
- Experience with distributed systems (ideally on Hadoop or Spark).
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Full health benefits
- Free snacks, drinks, and Friday team lunches
- Biweekly house cleaning
- Monthly TTC metropass
- Annual budget for tech and sport
- Adjustable sit/stand desks, 4K monitors, and Apple laptops
- Relaxed office with casual attire and ping-pong
- Monthly training workshops, guest speakers, and other professional development opportunities
Additional Application InstructionsPlease send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. See all of our open positions at https://canopylabs.com/careers!
Sign up for Job Alerts
Intermediate Software EngineerRedwoodMontrealApr 24
Co-Founder & Software EngineerBrightmindLos Angeles, CA, United StatesApr 19
C# Software Developer (Senior/Intermediate/Junior)Archon SystemsTorontoApr 13
DevOps EngineerMavencareTorontoFeb 24
Sr. Platform EngineerBlendTorontoMar 06