Embedded Systems Developer
Nymi was founded in 2011 with the belief that innovation is rooted in a deep sense of curiosity. Curiosity around biometrics and connected devices drove innovation in our space - identity, security and IoT.
We are backed by leading VCs and are building innovative wearable identity and security products. Our first product is the Nymi Band, a unique wearable that authenticates the wearer using their cardiac signal (ECG) to provide continuous authenticated presence in smart environments. Nymi enables wireless user proximity & presence solutions, removing the need for physical interaction with IoT, mobile and computer applications for identification, non-repudiation, personalization and intent for any transactions.
Our high-performance team includes a stimulating span of people across hardware, software, and machine learning, all working to bring the digital and physical world together. Our complex ecosystem blends wearable devices & apps for our users and advanced integration with physical devices of our customers and partners who leverage our SDKs. We work with bio-potential sensors, microcontrollers, NFC, BLE, accelerometers, PCBs, circuit simulation and more in building our current and next generation products. This is not your typical SaaS environment.
Building robust and reliable products in this ecosystem requires a highly-integrated product development lifecycle. We use lean principles and test-driven development from conception through to acceptance testing and customer support.
Now imagine contributing in this environment every day. You would be gaining experience in the burgeoning IoT industry and acquiring experience and skills that prepare you for the future. If you are anything like us — dedicated to creating things that will make the world a more secure and convenient place to live — Nymi could be the right place for you.
Nymi is looking for an Embedded Systems expert to join our firmware team.
- Design, implement, test and maintain firmware for wearable devices.
- Develop application-level communication protocols.
- Facilitate firmware-hardware integration.
- Contribute to production deployment of Nymi products at scale, by establishing effective testing and troubleshooting procedures for the Nymi Band and its firmware.
- Contribute to the architecture and design of the next generation of Nymi solutions.
- Expert C/C++ developer with a clear focus on embedded systems (bare metal or RTOS).
- Experience with low power microcontrollers (ARM M0 and M4 is an asset).
- Hardware bring-up and troubleshooting.
- Experience in performance optimization (memory, speed, power).
- Familiarity with hardware peripheral devices and protocols including SPI, I2C, USB,
DMA and ADC.
- Practical experience in test-driven development.
- Proven experience with debugging techniques for embedded systems.
- Thorough understanding and effective use of data structures and design patterns.
- Familiarity with wireless communication protocols (e.g. Bluetooth Classic, Bluetooth Low Energy, Wi-Fi, NFC).
- Experience with secure coding practices and cryptography. Knowledge of security-related
protocols is a plus.
- Experience using laboratory equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, logic analyzer, etc.).
- Demonstrated drive to achieve aggressive deadlines in a fast paced, rapidly changing,
Applicants should submit a CV & cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Senior Java Engineer, Server-Based Marketing SystemsBrick Street SoftwareTorontoFeb 01
Android DeveloperMavencareTorontoFeb 24
iOS DeveloperMavencareTorontoFeb 24
QA DevelopergdR | Grossman Dorland RecruitingTorontoJan 24
Front-End DevelopergdR | Grossman Dorland RecruitingTorontoJan 24