Nymi was founded in 2011 with the belief that innovation is rooted in a deep sense of curiosity. Curiosity around biometrics and connected devices drove innovation in our space - identity, security and IoT.
We are backed by leading VCs and are building innovative wearable identity and security products. Our first product is the Nymi Band, a unique wearable that authenticates the wearer using their cardiac signal (ECG) to provide continuous authenticated presence in smart environments. Nymi enables wireless user proximity & presence solutions, removing the need for physical interaction with IoT, mobile and computer applications for identification, non-repudiation, personalization and intent for any transactions.
Our high-performance team includes a stimulating span of people across hardware, software, and machine learning, all working to bring the digital and physical world together. Our complex ecosystem blends wearable devices & apps for our users and advanced integration with physical devices of our customers and partners who leverage our SDKs. We work with bio-potential sensors, microcontrollers, NFC, BLE, accelerometers, PCBs, circuit simulation and more in building our current and next generation products. This is not your typical SaaS environment.
Building robust and reliable products in this ecosystem requires a highly-integrated product development lifecycle. We use lean principles and test-driven development from conception through to acceptance testing and customer support.
Now imagine contributing in this environment every day. You would be gaining experience in the burgeoning IoT industry and acquiring experience and skills that prepare you for the future. If you are anything like us — dedicated to creating things that will make the world a more secure and convenient place to live — Nymi could be the right place for you.
Nymi is looking for a software developer with strong C++ skill and experience in implementation of complex algorithms.
- Design, develop, test and deploy solutions for the innovative Nymi Band and associated SDK.
- Be a key member of the research and development team, working on data processing algorithms for the Nymi ecosystem.
- Work collaboratively for developing research concepts and implementing production-level code.
- Develop solutions for wearable devices, working on software deployed on the wearable as well as for the ecosystem with which the wearable is integrated.
- Develop innovative technical solutions to difficult problems.
- Work independently within the Nymi development team and adhere to aggressive deadlines.
- Be a key member of the research team with a focus towards productizing the results of research and development.
- Expert C/C++ developer with 4+ years of proven development experience on desktop and embedded platforms.
- Experience with asynchronous, event driven multithreaded systems is a must.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python.
- Experience with Matlab and/or R for algorithm development.
- Experience with DSP algorithm development is a plus.
- Experience with a test driven development is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of git, gitflow, Jira and experience with agile development methodologies
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated drive to achieve aggressive deadline in a fast paced, rapidly changing
Applicants should submit a CV & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.