Graphic and Brand Designer
Graphic and Brand Designer
eSight is the developer of a game-changing, engineering breakthrough – electronic glasses that let the legally blind actually see. We are looking for an amazing, driven designer to shape and manage the look and feel of eSight’s brand, and take emotional ownership over the aesthetic and ethos of our brand identity.
eSight is a fast-growing company and we’re looking to expand our team with the best and brightest. If you are a passionate, driven, creative and self-motivated design professional who wants to be part of a company that is transforming the lives of those living with legal blindness, this organization is for you.
We are looking for a Graphic/Brand designer who will be responsible for all elements of eSight’s brand and visual identity, and complete look and feel of our brand. You will bring your experience, knowledge, and enthusiasm to help and tell our compelling story om an impactful, accessible and visually appealing way. You possess a desire to learn, think in new, creative ways, embrace challenges, and challenge the status quo.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, you will be working from our corporate office in Toronto, located steps away from Union Station, in the heart of Downtown Toronto.
What you will be doing:
You will be responsible for shaping the complete look and feel of the eSight brand. Every first impression – from the feel of a brochure and typesetting on a banner to the emotion one feels when they look at an ad or photograph – will be carefully crafted by you and your ability to inspire desire among our audience.
You will be working closely with our Director of Marketing and other key stakeholders on various projects including but not limited to:
- Managing the look and feel of the eSight brand across every touchpoint
- Developing marketing collateral for both digital and print, including one pagers, case studies, emails, benchmark reports, advertisements, posters, brochures, PowerPoint presentations, infographics, banners, and other print and digital collateral
- Leading the direction for overall brand identity, including an ability to create logos, illustrations, charts, sketches, and the like
- Coordinating with vendors to execute on design deliverables
- Day-to-day management of all marketing and design assets
- Help to execute day-to- day design requests such as photo edits and resizes, development of iconography, and reformatting or re-purposing past documents
- Work closely with the Marketing and Sales teams to develop design concepts and build collateral that will help advance the company’s branding and business objectives
- Identify design errors and make necessary adjustments and fixes prior to delivering final assets
- Think strategically about the long term design direction of the company: this includes creating templates and colour standards, style guides for others to reference, and ensuring that all stakeholders are using the same design elements in their materials to ensure eSight’s brand integrity is maintained throughout internal and external facing projects
The experiences and skills that you bring:
- Emotional ownership over the brand: you won’t rest until things look and feel on-message, and on-brand.
- Proactivity: you will actively suggest new ideas and design philosophies to push the brand forward
- Pro at using the Adobe trifecta of design programs including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience in print layout and design including brochures, sell sheets, white papers and other corporate collateral.
- Experience in environmental design, including trade show and conference banners/backdrops.
- Experience in creating web based design including Instagram ads, email blasts, and web banners, and front end web design. Requires basic working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Bonus points for experience with photography, including shooting/editing,
- Prepress experience necessary, as well as confidence in building and maintaining professional relationships with outside vendors/contractors (print shops, etc.) and managing timelines
- Capable of following direction and adhering to brand standards, while also being a motivated self-starter who can manage up and manage timelines, debate design philosophies and easily adapt to an ever-changing workflow.
- Able to take existing copy and briefs and improve upon them to ensure that your design aesthetic and the copy work seamlessly together
- Experience and knowledge of accessibility standards in print and web is a major bonus