About the role…
We are building out the product scan and reward areas of shopkick. You’ll be working on barcode scanning, location services and advanced UI implementation. We own our area of the product and are empowered to make it great. Using data driven decision making, and real time feedback on design changes we push the envelope constantly.
We’re looking for...
An Intermediate to Senior Android developer to join our growing team in downtown Toronto. This person will be tasked with making key design decisions in the development of new features, driving best practices by implementing solutions to business goals within the Android Application, and will primarily work on location based features using Bluetooth and ultrasonic beacons as well as GPS utilities.
Our ideal candidate is a driven self-starter and a natural leader that enjoys technical challenges. This person must be an engaging team player with strong communication skills and passionate about collaborative problem solving. Prior experience working with remote teams is a definite plus.
Desired Skills & Experience...
- 2-5 years developing and shipping Android software
- 7+ years of experience designing and building software, ideally for consumers
- Strong coding ability in Java
- Advanced UI experience is a big plus
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- From stock options to bonuses, you’ll be rewarded when goals are met
- Our Flexible Time Off policy let's you take as many days as you need. When your work is covered, we encourage you to recharge.
- We offer monthly transit subsidies for all offices