Engineering at Wealthsimple
Wealthsimple is Canada's largest and fastest growing online investment manager. We make investing easy and accessible to everybody. We're working on the challenges involved in making investment understandable and easy. We feel strongly about our brand and have won a Webby for best financial services website. We try to reflect our unique voice in everything we build.
We're growing fast. In 2 years, Wealthsimple Financial Corp has gone from $0 under management to $750 million. We have significant funding from strategic investors that will allow us to continue building an amazing product that's competitive on a global level. With this, we believe that we have the opportunity to build one of the largest and most innovative companies in financial services globally. You can read about our mission and our team to learn more.
HOW OUR TEAMS WORK:
Wealthsimple has several engineering teams. We subscribe to agile and XP methodologies with short sprints. We have a microservice architecture and for the most part, we're a ruby shop, but we also use Java in some microservices.
The web team focuses on our web application. The application serves both clients, advisors, and internal wealthsimple employees. The web application is developed in Angular.
The mobile team is responsible for our consumer mobile apps, currently native iOS and Android applications, we're currently exploring React Native.
The core services team owns much of the services that the workhorse of operations, notably our book-of-record, funding, and institutional transfers.
The brokerage platform owns the development of our brokerage and custodian platform that holds our client's investments. We are building a platform that powers Wealthsimple globally and other potential investment advisors and brokerages through public APIs. This is developed in Java.
The trading platform owns the algorithms and services that allow us to trade and rebalance all our accounts.
Our international integration team is responsible for integrating us with custodians in other geographies as we expand our business globally.
We're looking for people who:
- Are comfortable with agile development and driven to ship frequently.
- Understand scale, but are pragmatic.
- Believe that simple is better.
- Work well in a pairing culture.
- Take ownership and see initiatives through.
- Value open communication and working on an exceptionally transparent team.
- Teach and learn from their teammates. We value making others successful.
- 2+ years of software engineering experience.
- A strong background in data structures and algorithms.
- Sharing our passion for making investing accessible for everyone.
Nice-to-haves (but not necessary):
- Experience leading or mentoring a team of engineers.
- Experience with AWS services.
- Being a swiss army knife. We're a small team and if you can do more (say, you're a back end services developer that can also code up a great iOS app), all the better.
What we offer:
- The challenge and opportunity of joining a small but quickly growing team, and to work on a product people love to use.
- We live our values and want to set our team up for long term financial success. We offer an RRSP matching program, competitive salaries, stock options and incentives for the success of both yourself and the company.
- Your full choice of hardware setup.
- We provide daily catered lunches, cold brew, snacks, and fun company offsites, but most importantly, great coworkers to enjoy them with.
We pride ourselves on creating a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive work place. Candidates who identify as a minority are welcome and encouraged to apply!
Sign up for Job Alerts
ShiftPosts - On-boarding Specialist at ShiftPostsShiftPostsTorontoFeb 24
ShiftPosts - On-boarding Specialist at ShiftPostsShiftPostsVancouverFeb 24
DevOps EngineerMavencareTorontoFeb 24
Sr. Platform EngineerBlendTorontoMar 06
Co-Founder & Software EngineerBrightmindLos Angeles, CA, United StatesApr 19