Sr. Platform Engineer
Our client is seeking a smart, motivated, and passionate engineer to take charge of our clients backend systems. Our clients front-end teams work hard to build new innovative products for their users, however they cannot succeed without support from the backend.
Our client is seeking a senior developer who can help them maintain, improve, and rebuild their website. You'll have the opportunity to play a pivotal role in our clients success, being a part of a small and passionate engineering team.
The incumbent will plan, implement, deploy, and maintain our clients backend, working closely with other developers to develop new services while also improve existing ones. The incumbent will play a pivotal role in designing and building the next generation of microservices for our client.
On any given day, you might be
• building scalable API services in Ruby and Go;
• assisting with the design and maintenance of our clients systems infrastructure;
• involved in technical planning and architectural decision-making;
• becoming familiar with large Ruby on Rails and/or Go applications, seeking ways to debug and improve them;
• collaborating with developers across the entire stack;
The incumbent will own their work. They will support other developers in building new features and products. They will also be an advocate for performance, stability, scalability. Our client is seeking a person who loves collaboration and is excited to take on new challenges.
The ideal candidate has
• guru-level knowledge of Ruby on Rails or Go;
• experience using, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, and Elasticsearch;
• solid understanding of web technologies including HTTP, RESTful services, and cloud platforms such as AWS;
• familiarity with software development tools (git, Github, bug tracking), *nix environments;
• experience building and maintaining high-traffic, consumer-focused web services;
• good architectural sense and a passion for high quality code, honed by experience;
Our client is growing fast! They’re already handling hundreds of millions of requests each day, across a diverse set of backend services, datastores, and APIs, and we need your help to get to the next level.