eSight is the developer of a game-changing, engineering breakthrough – electronic glasses that let the legally blind actually see. We are looking for an amazing storyteller and master wordsmith to help tell the unbelievable story of eSight.
We are a well-funded, early-stage organization that is passionately driven by our simple belief that Everyone Deserves to See. It is a mission of both social and economic justice.
eSight has already succeeded in attracting an amazing amount of attention from major news outlets and social media all over the world, and we are now searching for a hands-on “communications guru” to help us take our story to the next level in our worldwide outreach to traditional media, digital media, legally blind individuals, service organizations, political leaders, government officials, insurance companies, major corporations, educational institutions, philanthropic organizations, and compassionate individuals who want to help the legally blind.
We are looking for a special individual who:
- Greatly wants to use his/her skills to make a contribution to a meaningful cause
- Is an artisan with an exceptional command of the written and spoken word
- Can research complex subject matter and convert it into understandable ideas
- Can follow industry trends, conferences, and key opinion leaders in the blindness community
- Can write compelling copy for both online and offline channels including reports, website, presentations, digital content and social media, scripts, newsletters, information sheets, print and digital collateral, press releases, media briefings, speeches and talking points
- Is comfortable in developing convincing arguments to change stereotypical attitudes about the legally blind.
- Will manage eSight’s social media and content calendar, develop new content for social channels, and will leverage eSight’s unique story to creative captivating content to inspire its audience
- Can manage eSight’s digital and social properties, including (but not necessarily limited to) Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google (AdWords), and can combine a flair for copywriting with a solid ability to manage and analyze marketing communications channels
- Can take our unique technology and the incredible story that underlies it and deliver our message to the world in a way that inspires, motivates, and captures the attention, heart, passion, and goodness in people
- Has outstanding people skills and a collaborative spirit to help implement and execute communications strategies
- Has the ability to think quickly, act quickly, multi-task and manage high profile projects
- Has exceptional writing, editing, proof-reading skills and high standards for quality assurance including tone, voice, and style (you are currently tearing this document apart!)
Skills and Knowledge:
We are looking for a uniquely skilled and special individual, a “rare bird” who can tell our story with passion, conviction, and honesty. You may have a university degree or perhaps you have a PhD – either is fine with us. You may have many years of direct experience in traditional marketing, public relations, and communications, or maybe you have 1-2 years of experience in a completely different industry. Or maybe you’re a lawyer or executive who is looking for something totally different, something more in line with eSight’s mission. We truly are looking for someone who thinks outside of the box. This individual will also have:
- Excellent working knowledge of MS office applications
- Ability to do detailed research, fact finding and uncover new information
- Strong ability to create, write, proof read and present copy for various uses
- Strong knowledge of various social media platforms
- Proven record of accomplishment of delivering a strong message through the written word
- Bonus points if you have experience running and optimizing Facebook and Google ads