Electrical (Hardware) Engineer
Elevety (www.elevety.com) is a growing tech wearable start-up that is designing and building innovative solutions in audio and communications for a number of applications in action sports, industrial, and commercial. We are a passionate team with backgrounds in engineering, sales & marketing, corporate strategy and a flair for action sports and outdoor activities. Next year we will be introducing our much anticipated Domio and Hearshot products into the market. We are seeking a bright, creative engineer with electrical and/or systems background to join the founding team and play an instrumental role in guiding our product development efforts and executing on our vision. Attractive equity+salary package is being offered.
As the primary lead on our engineering efforts, you will oversee and execute on all major product engineering initiatives. You have a background in engineering, have a good grasp of systems, have an expertise in hardware design, a good grasp of firmware and embedded systems, and experience with consumer electronics. You are comfortable leading the process from paper napkin idea to working product and getting hands-on when you need to. You work well independently, but love the idea of having deep, creative conversations about product design and strategy with the rest of the founding team. In addition to engineering design and analysis, you will also coordinate and direct our efforts with vendors, contractors and design partners.
- BS/MS in Electrical, Computer, or Electronics Engineering
- Proven diagnostic, problem solving and idea generation skills
- Minimum 3 years of post-degree work experience in electrical/electronics design
- Demonstrated hands-on, recent experience with consumer product development and/or medical device development
- Great communication skills with demonstrated ability to problem-solve as part of a team
- A passion for high-quality products, with a sharp focus on end-user experience
- 10% travel to US & China will be required during certain phases of product development
Skills & Experience
- Digital/analog circuit design, including schematics and layout design, and knowledge of appropriate software platforms (Altium, Orcad, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with typical test equipment: oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Low-power (milli-amp) design expertise
- Experience in RF/wireless design for low-power wireless protocols
- Ideally, experience with low-power audio circuit design
- Ideally, familiarity of firmware programming
- Knowledge of embedded microcontroller (16/32-bit) product landscape, such as ARM Cortex-M0/3/4 devices
- Experience with a variety of embedded electronics communication protocols including SPI, USB, I2C, UART.
- Ability to firmly understand and articulate HW/FW/ME design trade-offs
- Experience with low/mid-volume NPI (new product introduction) overseeing line bringup, line flow, test limits, and end-to-end electrical/electronics quality management
- Working with on-shore and overseas electronics manufacturing partners
- Compliance and regulatory experience
Sign up for Job Alerts
DevOps EngineerMavencareTorontoFeb 24
Sr. Platform EngineerBlendTorontoMar 06
Sr. Backend EngineergdR | Grossman Dorland RecruitingTorontoJan 24
Senior Java Engineer, Server-Based Marketing SystemsBrick Street SoftwareTorontoFeb 01
Deliver the Best – VR QA Position @ YulioYulio.comTorontoMar 13