Human Resources & Recruitment Manager
Nymi was founded in 2011 with the belief that innovation is rooted in a deep sense of curiosity. Curiosity around biometrics and connected devices drove innovation in our space - identity, security and IoT.
We are backed by leading VCs and are building innovative wearable identity and security products. Our first product is the Nymi Band, a unique wearable that authenticates the wearer using their cardiac signal (ECG) to provide continuous authenticated presence in smart environments. Nymi enables wireless user proximity & presence solutions, removing the need for physical interaction with IoT, mobile and computer applications for identification, non-repudiation, personalization and intent for any transactions.
Our high-performance team includes a stimulating span of people across hardware, software, and machine learning, all working to bring the digital and physical world together. Our complex ecosystem blends wearable devices & apps for our users and advanced integration with physical devices of our customers and partners who leverage our SDKs. We work with bio-potential sensors, microcontrollers, NFC, BLE, accelerometers, PCBs, circuit simulation and more in building our current and next generation products. This is not your typical SaaS environment.
Building robust and reliable products in this ecosystem requires a highly-integrated product development lifecycle. We use lean principles and test-driven development from conception through to acceptance testing and customer support.
Now imagine contributing in this environment every day. You would be gaining experience in the burgeoning IoT industry and acquiring experience and skills that prepare you for the future. If you are anything like us — dedicated to creating things that will make the world a more secure and convenient place to live — Nymi could be the right place for you.
Nymi is looking for a talented Human Resources and Recruitment Manager to join our team. This individual must be highly organized, responsible, and detail-oriented. In this job, you will undertake a variety of human resources activities, while working in a dynamic start-up team oriented environment.
- Lead and manage the entire recruitment process across all roles with an emphasis on technical professionals (e.g. software developers)
- Scheduling and assisting with interviews, writing job descriptions, and posting positions
- Deliver on campus info sessions, promote employer brand at career fairs and other
- Processing of payroll, administration of benefits, recording keeping and maintenance of employee files and other related documents
- Development and implementation of training programs such as Health and Safety, AODA and Harassment and Violence
- Manage employee relations, health and wellness initiatives and foster vibrant,
- Champion career and professional growth; identify training gaps, select and/or deliver development programs for professional growth
- Evaluate total rewards package, implement annual review process
- Create, communicate and revise HR policies and practices in alignment with business needs
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Psychology, Communications or related discipline
- Certified Human Resources Professional
- 3-5 years’ experience in all aspects of Human Resource Management, including recruitment, employee relations, training, payroll and benefits and organizational development
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel; experience in the implementation and use of an HRIS and ATS an asset
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Highly organized with exceptional problem solving skills
- Service and team oriented
- Experience working in the high-tech industry an asset